Origin not accepting product keys

by NotHobbes1993

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin not accepting product keys

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've bought 2 origin keys for late night from g2a, and eneba, both telling my my code is invalid after I get the code confirmation screen. I then bought the Into The Future code, telling me the same thing. I put in the code CORRECTLY, then I get the activation window, but when I click confirm, I get the "Please re enter you're code", and it's wrong. This am I the only one having this issue? I don't think it's my account, tried to use it on another account, and it did the same thing. but when I bought University life and generations, I had no issue. I really hope someone can help me.

Message 1 of 12 (2,184 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin not accepting product keys

@NotHobbes1993 @Tillyanna1 @Bookeater1234 @NezviQ and @tracielee1980  Please try redeeming your product keys now—the problem may have been fixed.  Keep in mind that keys from unauthorized third-party vendors may still not work, but hopefully at least some of them will be valid.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (1,739 Views)

All Replies

@NotHobbes1993  You may have recieved invalid keys, or keys that have already been redeemed.  That's the danger of buying from unauthorized third-party sellers like G2A: you never know whether the product will work.  It could be worse though.  Some people enter their keys and start playing with the new packs only to have them deactivated weeks or months later, when EA does an accounting and finds invalid keys on the account.  At least now you can get your money back.

In the future, it's best to buy either directly from Origin or from an authorized vendor.  Here's a list:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

By the way, Steam has periodic sales where Sims 3 packs are as low as $5 each.  You'd need to buy a copy of the base game in Steam as well, but it's also only $5, so you'd still save money.  The codes can be registered in Origin or on the Sims 3 Store site.

Message 2 of 12 (2,163 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue.  I purchased discover University on Sims 4 and downloaded that yesterday with no issue.  When I tried entering the codes for Sims 3 Showtime and Ambitions, it recognised the games but when I click confirm it comes up that the keys are invalid.  I contacted the seller who sent me another code for one of the games and that didn't work either.  So I contacted origin through online chat and they tried doing it for me and it still didn't work.  They said to get a refund from my seller, which I did.  Then I purchased another code from CD Keys and that hasn't worked either.  So what is going on?

Message 3 of 12 (2,124 Views)

★★ Novice

HI! I have the same problem right now, and I ask the platform because I bought it from a legal source and they are trying to solve the problem right now, so I will try to tell everyone when it is over because I think that the problem comes from Origin itself, and not the games. I have bought games from them before and there was no problem, but since yesterday the games I purchased are invalid, the same as yours.

Let's hope they fix the issue.

P.D: Its not just the Sims, the problem comes with the codes that are 20 digits long, because before you could go to Options and in there they allowed to put the codes without problem, so I really think the problem is with Origin and not the game and the codes. 

Message 4 of 12 (2,092 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have same issue. I bought several keys from the supplier and they are all wrong. 

Message 5 of 12 (2,061 Views)

[ Edited ]

Edit:  This was marked for visibility and is not considered solved.

@Tillyanna1 @Bookeater1234 and @NezviQ  If you're buying from an unauthorized third-party source, you could have received bad keys.  Just because the company is legitimate doesn't mean that all the keys it buys are also legitimate: they could have been originally stolen and then sold a few times before getting to you.

If you want to check whether the keys are valid, you can contact EA customer support and ask.  Support is on limited hours right now, with phone calls entirely unavailable and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

@Bookeater1234  If you think the length of the key is the problem and you're sure the key is legitimate, you can try registering the pack(s) on the Sims 3 Store site.  The "Register a Game" section (scroll to the bottom of the page to see the link) asks for 20-character codes.  But invalid keys, or ones that have already been used, will also be rejected by the store site.

https://store.thesims3.com/

Message 6 of 12 (2,043 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, just thought I would update.  I got another key to try and that didn't work either.  So have have contacted Origin again on online chat and they are saying that other people have reported issues and they are trying to fix it and to hold fire basically.

Message 7 of 12 (1,952 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, I tried contacting them too and they said basically the same, so let's hope that they can fix it in no time Standard smile

I'll update when the issue is resolved so everyone knows.

Message 8 of 12 (1,935 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue and after all day on the phone was told that the system isn't processing the keys properly and they will investigate and try to get it fixed.  

Message 9 of 12 (1,822 Views)

@NotHobbes1993 @Tillyanna1 @Bookeater1234 @NezviQ and @tracielee1980  Please try redeeming your product keys now—the problem may have been fixed.  Keep in mind that keys from unauthorized third-party vendors may still not work, but hopefully at least some of them will be valid.

Message 10 of 12 (1,740 Views)