Re: SIMS 4 wont update or install

by mcwaverley4

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU ARE TRULY A LIFE SAVER!

Message 31 of 36 (637 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@jessiebennett85 I have all the packs and play daily and I cannot go online at 22.10pm either, in the UK. It was ok yesterday. It could be that they are doing maintenance on the Gallery as they are working on PC/Console Gallery integration to come soon. EA website is not down at the moment and that's only what I can come up with. Try tomorrow.
Message 32 of 36 (621 Views)

Re: Download Failed

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you.
Message 33 of 36 (560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, worked well and problem solved!

Message 34 of 36 (551 Views)

Re: i just bought cats and dogs sims 4 but i havent upgraded origin...

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict what if Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service doesn't show up while scrolling down the long list? 

Message 35 of 36 (443 Views)

Re: i just bought cats and dogs sims 4 but i havent upgraded origin...

@BtobMelodyilhoon  Is Origin installed and working properly?  If so, then both services should be on the list.  However, the issue related to these services seems to have disappeared, or at least is uncommon by now.

Instead of disabling the services, try lowering your User Account Control settings, at least long enough to let Origin download whatever it is you want.  Here's a guide, along with an explanation of what the settings do:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3577-change-user-account-control-uac-settings-windows-10-a.html

Be sure to change the settings back when the download is complete, or if it fails again.  If this doesn't help, please describe your issue in more detail, and post a screenshot of any error you see.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 36 of 36 (423 Views)