Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

by rpeyton12

Original Post

Re: Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

★★★ Newbie

I also had the same problem ! But I solved it myself. 

Im a Macbook user !

First what i tried  was removing Mods (it didnt work for me but try it) cuz most of the problems are from the Mods

then reinstalled Sims4 (it didnt work either) I moved the Saved Files in USB for incase .

and last I removed all origin Files clearly then reinstalled and rebooted . 

I think something crashes between SIm4 and some Origins Files because of the Mods , we download. 

really try this way but makesure that you delete all related origin Files. Its really different when you reinstall. When you don-t remove

all the Files they dont ask you for the agreement. 

I hope this helped Wink 

Message 91 of 216 (3,462 Views)

Re: Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

Community Manager (retired)

@Wicky30  Can you try what @jmhoho is suggesting? Standard smile

On our end, the investigation is still underway, I hope I'll have more elements or questions soon. Thanks for your patience

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 92 of 216 (3,453 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks @jmhoho, unfortunately completely removing all origin related files and then reinstalling hasn't worked for me, but I'm glad it worked for you! I'm a PC user so I don't know whether this is why it's different.

@EA_Francois, thank you for continuing to look into it, I really appreciate it! Please let me know if any information is required on my end. 

Message 93 of 216 (3,432 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Wicky30

One of my colleagues took a look and came back with a couple of questions:

Is the link on the desktop a exe file and not an shortcut? Try starting Origin from the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\ ) and see if the issue still happens.

The theory behind this is that you seem to have once installed Origin to the desktop, and it's causing Origin to flip out because it's looking for stuff in the wrong places.

Something else you could try is making a new admin account on your computer and see if the problem persists. This will get rid of cached files you could have that could be the source of the issue, and also give you a whole new desktop, so no pesky misplaced Origin to mess things up.

To create a new admin account, click on the spoiler tag below. Standard smile

Spoiler
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

Open Control Panel from the Start menu (Windows Key + Q in Windows 8).
    Double click User Accounts and Family Safety.
    Click on User Accounts.
    Click Manage another account.
    Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Click Create a new account.
    Type the name you want to give the user account and choose Administrator.
    Click Create Account.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 94 of 216 (3,419 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for getting back to me, opening Origin from the Programs x86 file actually worked so I'm so grateful for all your help! It does appear to have lost all my saved data on the Sims, but I'm just happy I can play on it again!

Again, thanks for all your help in resolving this issue. I would advise anyone else having the same problem to give this a try.

Message 95 of 216 (3,359 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't start because Origin isn't running?

★★★ Newbie
Did you ever end up figuring out how to fix it? I'm having the same problem
Message 96 of 216 (3,207 Views)

Hero

Did you try all the suggestions in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 216 (3,200 Views)

★★★ Novice
Tried the latest suggestion but still didn't work. Did an error report. My ID is 0862fa887001343f.
Message 98 of 216 (3,196 Views)

Community Manager

@Catra25 Hi,

I have seen that you have had this issue since you first bought the game.

As I am not sure what you have tried already, I am going to give you our standard troubleshooting list for Origin Client issues first.

Please download the Origin installation file from here: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 99 of 216 (3,164 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yep I just tried that again and it still didn't work.
Message 100 of 216 (3,119 Views)