Re: Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

by Guruw

Original Post

Re: Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had this problem, I fixed this problem, go download the latest origin client, install it, then it'll work no problem.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

thought my origin was updated too, but it wasn't!

Message 32 of 216 (13,591 Views)

★ Novice

Oh wow, this fixed it. Thanks man.

So yeah, this works. I had thought my origin was updated but I guess not.

Message 33 of 216 (13,579 Views)

★★ Apprentice
It is useful! Thanks!
Message 34 of 216 (13,575 Views)

★★★ Novice

still not working for me idk whats up

Message 35 of 216 (13,569 Views)

Origin apparently isn't running, even though it is?

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing The Sims 4 for the past couple months without any problems, until recently. Now, when I try to play the game from Origin, An error message pops up claiming that "Origin isn't running" when, ironically, it's open. Clicking on the desktop icon opens up another error message, this time claiming that Origin isn't even installed, which has more bs in it than the previous statement. I've tried reinstalling both Origin and the game, as well as deleting various files, and confirming that all of my virus software is shut off. Sometimes it will work for a while, but then it starts to not work again after some time. I have no idea what is happening, but I would like a permanent solution so I can actually play the game I bought.

Message 31 of 216 (13,570 Views)

Re: Origin apparently isn't running, even though it is?

Hero

@shadedwind Merged

Has anyone contacted a game advisor yet to see if they have come across this ?

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 216 (13,563 Views)

Re: Origin apparently isn't running, even though it is?

★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@shadedwind Merged

Has anyone contacted a game advisor yet to see if they have come across this ?

Following your instructions I am presented with the option of returning to these forums to search for an answer ... or contacting an adviser (in the USA) by phone.

I'm located in Sydney, Australia ... when I call our local number it seems to be permanently busy. Given that people have reported being on hold for a number of hours and that our "local" number is located in another state (ie. long distance charges apply) I don't think I'll be wasting my mobile credit ...

So, hopefully someone, somewhere can talk with an advisor ... as we'd really like to play this game we bought

Message 37 of 216 (13,528 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks so much it finally works. I tried pretty much evrything else, cant believe it was that simple

@Guruw wrote:

I had this problem, I fixed this problem, go download the latest origin client, install it, then it'll work no problem.

Message 38 of 216 (13,516 Views)

Hero

@rpeyton12 @taylornbrandy @AliGirl95 @Maceywoos @tigeryukilove @taylornbrandy @ScampWolf06 @Kyuugetsuki @EsmeMidwinter

Could you all try this. Make sure to UNINSTALL Origin and then redownload from the address posted below.

@Guruw wrote:

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 216 (13,512 Views)

★★★ Novice
Nope still not working
Message 40 of 216 (13,454 Views)