Re: Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

by Maceywoos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I got the Sims 4 download for Christmas, and It downloaded, and not it won't launch. I have tried everything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and origin  3 times, I have cleared files, clean booted, and even attempted to talk to an EA rep, but nothing is working. 

When something does look like its about to happen, I get the message, "Origin is not running, make sure that it is running before attempting to play the Sims 4", but Origin is running. 

In my task manager it shows that the game is runnning, but nothing comes up. Also in Origin, it shows that I have played the game "31 hours played" 

I don't know what else to do! Please help!

Message 4 of 216 (339,686 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin is not running message (d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000)... although it is

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello all,

If you receive this error message and you just installed the game using a disk, please, try to follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Origin
  2. Download the latest version of Origin from Origin website and install it - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights

Otherwise, or if that didn't help, please try the steps listed below: 

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  3. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  4. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  5. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

If for some reason, the issue should remain, please run Origin Error Report and post the ID here.

Thank you!

Edit: You could also try switching the game to 32-bit version to see if this helps: 

• Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
  • Select “Game Properties
  • Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit

View in thread

Message 140 of 216 (171,555 Views)

All Replies

error when trying to launch.

★★★★ Novice

no matter if i launch from origin or from my desktop (regular or as admin) i get an error box that says: Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure origin is running before attempting to play the sims 4. [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000]. ive tried un istalling and re installing the sims. my other games launch so i dont think its my origin. can anyone help ive only had this a few weeks and i only played twice. ughh.

Message 3 of 216 (338,439 Views)

Sims 4 won't start because Origin isn't running?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

"unable to start origin is currently not running. please make sure that origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4 [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000]" <Photo>

I am opening the game through the origin application so its definitely running. Everything is updated, I'm running a windows 8 HP laptop.
I've tried clearing the caches, restarting, uninstalling re-installing etc and I'm really upset because I just purchased it today on origin and I've been working on this for over 6 hours now and nothing is working.

Also when I open task manager sims doesn't show up as running<photo>, but it does show up in Background Processes <Photo>

It'll also take forever for the game to "Start" before the error message above appears (I'm not saying 2-5 minutes forever, I'm timing it up to almost a half hour). 

Somebody please help Frown 

EDIT: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-Wont-Open-Up-in-Origin-Tab-Not-a-Disk-Version-nor-Demo/m-... this person seems to be having the same problem! 

Message 1 of 216 (338,638 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't start because Origin isn't running?

★★ Novice

I tried a clean restart and that didn't work either :\

Message 2 of 216 (338,588 Views)

Hero

@rpeyton12 @taylornbrandy @AliGirl95 Merged your threads. Not sure what is going on here

• Do you all have other games that work fine ?
  • Do it work before ?
  • What's your Operating system ?
  • Did you try starting Origin as administrator ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 216 (338,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hiya, when you say 'cleared files' can you tell me which files/folders you removed? 

What I recommend is uninstall Origin then delete these three folders:
c:\ProgramData\Origin\
c:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Origin
c:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Origin (usually already gone after uninstalling) 

Then reinstall, but if you already done that this won't help. 

Message 6 of 216 (338,415 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have played other games before. I even had the sims 4 CAS demo, and it opened, just very slowly. 

My operating system is Windows 7 

And I have tried running as administrator

Message 7 of 216 (338,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've done this and it still isn't working Frown really getting annoyed as I love the sims Frown

Message 8 of 216 (338,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you get it to work in the end? I've done everything they've said and still wont work Frown

Message 9 of 216 (338,359 Views)

Hero

Sorry, I wish I knew how to solve this one but I don't

Check if a game advisor can help further

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 216 (338,337 Views)