Origin installing the same update...

by Deleightful

Original Post

Origin installing the same update...

★ Novice

I have Sims 4 installed on my laptop and I have for a few months now. Until recently I have been playing with no problems.

Over the last week or so every time I open the Sims 4 to play, Origin pops up saying that an update is ready to install. Version 9.5.11 to be specific.

I have installed this update five or six times at this point. Once the update is "complete" it loads right into the game and is fine...however the next time I try to open up Sims again I get the same alert that the same update is ready to install...

I've also noticed I no longer go to the Sims 4 launcher. I click the Sims 4 shortcut which brings me to the update then right into the game. 

How can I resolve this because it's definitely getting on my nerves.

Message 1 of 4 (637 Views)

Re: Origin installing the same update...

★★★ Newbie

9.5.11 needs to install EVERY TIME i start origin. Starting to get really annoying.

Message 2 of 4 (618 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Try running Origin as Admin

--

Still no?

Try uninstalling Origin and reinstall.

This does not uninstall Game Data.

Message 3 of 4 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Reinstall Origin. It was the only thing that worked for me and for a lot of other people. You will not lose your installed games or any saves, but make you do make a backup first, anyway.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-keeps-asking-me-to-install-the-same-update-even-though-I/td-p...

Message 4 of 4 (610 Views)