Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Origin download wont complete keeps resetting

by Purdy81

Original Post

Re: Origin download wont complete keeps resetting

★★ Novice

I've had this same issue for more than a year now.  With several games BF4, BF Hardline Beta, TitanFall, Assassins Creed etc.  It gets to about 95% and then starts from approx half way again until the download fails.  I don't even want EA's lame suggestions about firewall settings or deleting config files or reinstalling origin.  I spent about a month trying to figure out why I couldn't get BF4 Final Stand DLC to finish, right after having the same issue with TitanFall.  Keep in mind I do Information Technology for a living and Origin and all of it's issues is one of the few bugs I just gave up on.  Sad thing is I like a few of the games I've paid for through Origin and wish that I could play them, but EA has a bad reputation for a very good reason.  With all the bugs in their games and the software just meant to launch the games I can't argue.  The way they rush everything, ask for more money on every little DLC, and the continued customer dissatisfaction I see... I think it's time to cut them off.  Until they detach they're buggy but fun games from Origin I'm not supporting them anymore.  I can get my gaming fix from Steam.  I hate to sound like a fanboy, but EA you really need to pull your head out before you lose more of the passionate gaming community.

Message 21 of 27 (1,594 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Heeeyyyy, one year later and the error is still occuring,

gj ea

Message 22 of 27 (965 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And I have the same problem now with MEA! I was so looking forward to this game, damn it, EA!!!!!!

HELP ME!!

Message 23 of 27 (881 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep.  Three years later and apparently no one's figured out a solution other than "let it download for a week and eventually it might work."

Message 24 of 27 (869 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
I get this problem now. EA did not solve it for 5 years.
Message 25 of 27 (604 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue, I was downloading Battlefront 2 (100GB game) and origin forgot its progress and it went from 67% to 20%...

Message 26 of 27 (513 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue, i would be pleased if I used Steam but Apex Legends is only on origin..
Message 27 of 27 (325 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help