Re: Origin crashing/sims 4 crashing

by tspuehler7

Original Post

Origin crashing/sims 4 crashing

★ Novice

I have been having issues with TS4 crashing for months now! I have tried repairing the game in origin multiple times. The game will run for a few minutes and then the screen goes white and I have to hard shutdown my computer. I’ve tried deleting the cache files for the sims and for origin. That worked only for a short period of time. I’ve tried running origin as an admin. I’ve checked to see if my drivers needed to be updated. I’ve done everything and I still can’t play my game and it’s both the game that crashes and origin that freezes. What can I do!?

Message 1 of 6 (420 Views)

@tspuehler7  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you get another crash, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (402 Views)

★ Novice

So I tried what you suggested. It opened like it was the first time playing. About 10 or so minutes in create a sim the screen went white. There is still sound and I guess I could still click around. I can’t get to the task manager and when I try the computer freezes. Can you walk me through running a dxdiag?

Message 3 of 6 (358 Views)

★ Novice

Here is the dxdiag

Message 4 of 6 (354 Views)

@tspuehler7  Your saves and other content are in the folder you moved, and when you put them in the new Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, the game will read them again.  The idea was to see whether anything in your existing folder was the cause of this issue, which it sounds like is not the case.

Your dxdiag lists a few errors related to the driver for your graphics card.  Since there's a new one available for your Nvidia card, the first most is to install it:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/132841/en-us

Restart your computer after installing and before trying to play.

If that doesn't help, try disabling all MSI software in the Task Manager before playing.  Look for anything with the MSI logo in the background processes list; you may need to click More Details to see it.  This only lasts until you restart your computer, since any process set to start with Windows will restart itself on reboot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (348 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much for your help, I think I fixed it! I turned origin off in game and all seems to be good now!
Message 6 of 6 (335 Views)