Origin and Sims 4 website issues

by nkuyk

Original Post

Origin and Sims 4 website issues

★★ Novice

When I go to the origin website on my laptop, I only see letters, numbers, and special characters; no images, games, etc. And it won't let me sign in to my account (I am sending this from my phone where I can log in). The same happens on the sims 4 gallery website. Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (470 Views)

Re: Origin and Sims 4 website issues

@nkuyk  Try using Firefox instead of Chrome.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (455 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried Firefox and I am getting the same thing. I deleted my cache as well.

Message 3 of 8 (442 Views)

@nkuyk  If you have any script blockers, try disabling them, at least long enough to test.  Otherwise, try using your phone as a hotspot and see whether you can load the websites on your computer.  Make sure the phone is using data, not your home wifi.

Message 4 of 8 (431 Views)

★★ Novice

I am actually resetting my computer now but I appreciate your advice. 

Message 5 of 8 (427 Views)

★★ Novice

For future reference, how do I disable script blockers? What does that do?  I don't know much about computers lol

Message 6 of 8 (425 Views)

@nkuyk  If you've never added an adblocker or other plugin to block scripts from running, your browsers probably don't have any.  These are usually tools you have to manually add or even download elsewhere.  The tools essentially prevent certain code from running when you open a website, for example not allowing a flashy ad to display or blocking a query for your browsing history.  But sites like origin.com and the Sims 4 Gallery also use scripts to display ads or other images, and if blocked, the result can be what's in your screenshots.

Message 7 of 8 (418 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for the info!
Message 8 of 8 (414 Views)