Origin and Sims 4 high CPU and crashes

by emsee87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin and Sims 4 high CPU and crashes

★★★★★ Newbie

I have looked up this problem for over a week now and this seems reoccurring since as early back as 2014. I have tried everything I can possibly find on fixing this common issue and none of them work. I know for a fact my PC can handle the game as it has done so for years with no problems. It was the second to last update that seem to cause the issues. I have been a PC gamer for years and I have run some poorly optimized games on my machine with little problems. I promise you that I have dug, and dug and dug up plenty of information on this glitch and some fixes seem to work for some, others have been unable to play the game reasonably for months, or even longer. I have concluded without a reasonable doubt that this problem lies with EA. I have seen the recent notification from Origin about many people suddenly having this issue and Origin is working on the fix. My only concern is that this seems to have been a problem for years, so my question is this: When can we expect an update fixing or optimizing both Origin and Sims 4? I have put way too much money into this game to have these difficulties.

Message 1 of 3 (490 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin and Sims 4 high CPU and crashes

@emsee87  Origin will be replaced by the EA Desktop App sometime in the near future.  You can sign up for the beta if you want:

https://www.ea.com/ea-desktop-beta

As for Sims 4, it kind of is what it is at this point.  But it shouldn't be eating excessive CPU.  I would guess that's just Origin.  If you don't want to use the beta, try putting Origin in offline mode while you play and see whether it makes a difference.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (441 Views)

All Replies

@emsee87  Origin will be replaced by the EA Desktop App sometime in the near future.  You can sign up for the beta if you want:

https://www.ea.com/ea-desktop-beta

As for Sims 4, it kind of is what it is at this point.  But it shouldn't be eating excessive CPU.  I would guess that's just Origin.  If you don't want to use the beta, try putting Origin in offline mode while you play and see whether it makes a difference.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (442 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much. I have been on the struggle bus for almost two weeks trying to figure it all out with no real accomplishments. All I had figured out is that I don't know as much about computers as I once thought I did. I downloaded the Desktop App and everything is back to normal. Again, thank you very much. 

Message 3 of 3 (400 Views)