Re: Origin Update: Sims families not showing up in game.

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Update: Sims families not showing up in game.

★ Novice

I recently opened origin and it required an update. So I allowed it to complete it's update. But when I opened my sims 4 game today, all of my sims households were gone. The only way to play the game is through creating a new family. I am sad to say that this is not the first time it has happened, but the second. I already restarted all over once, and i'm not too keen on re-starting again. I know i've read before that this can be due to corrupted saves therefore I've posted a picture of my saves folder below. If anyone could help me with this issue it would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 2.42.30 PM.png

Message 1 of 4 (339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

This issue is caused by creating a new Household but not moving them in. Do so and exit back to the main menu without saving and the load button will be there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (330 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

This is usually caused by clicking New Game instead of the Continue button.

Have you tried to load all of the savegames you have and see if they are not there?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (325 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for responding! Standard smile There was no continue button. It wouldn't allow me to play unless I clicked new game. How do I load my old saves? I have a picture of my saves folder above. Is there anything you notice to be wrong?

Message 3 of 4 (316 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This issue is caused by creating a new Household but not moving them in. Do so and exit back to the main menu without saving and the load button will be there.

Message 4 of 4 (331 Views)