Re: Origin/Sims4 not wanting to load so I can play it

by HelenMUA1990

Original Post

Origin/Sims4 not wanting to load so I can play it

★★ Apprentice

So SIms4 and Origin...….your starting to make me very annoyed!!

I have been trying to play my game for nearly 2 weeks and not being able to play it annoys me. I've downloaded the Beta for Sims to not be on it yet, I've cleared my cache, I've updated my laptop, I've repaired and reinstalled the game, I've reinstalled Origin and still not luck!

What is the point on having a server that wont allow me to play my game! I've been playing Sims since Sims2 and honestly this is the most amount of hassle I've had trying to play a game. 

SO if anyone can help me not want to throw my laptop around or just not bother anymore, that would be great!

Thank you from a very angry and annoyed Sims4 player. 

Message 1 of 8 (573 Views)

@HelenMUA1990  Are you having trouble with Origin or with Sims 4?  What happens when you try to play?  It would also be helpful to see a dxdiag on your computer.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (558 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey @puzzlezaddict 

I am having trouble with loading Sims 4. So when I click on it to play, it goes to load then reloads Origin to try again but doesn't go any further. 

Message 3 of 8 (554 Views)

[ Edited ]

@HelenMUA1990  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  (Sometimes this folder can persist even after an uninstall of the game itself.)  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't load the game even with a clean folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  There are so many other reasons Sims 4 might not work, it's much more efficient to get more information before throwing random suggestions at you.

Message 4 of 8 (541 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hiya @puzzlezaddict 

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have moved the folder out and onto the desktop - not working still. 

I will give the Origin In-game option a go now and see if that works. 

Also I will give running a dxdiag a go too. 

Will post up results as soon as I've tried these two!

Message 5 of 8 (503 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict 

Here is my DxDiag for you to have a look at. 

Helen

Message 6 of 8 (501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I managed to sort it out!! Woo!! Thank you @puzzlezaddict 

I tried the Origin in game option but that didn't work. 

Then looked into my drivers and that needed an update....low and behold its now working! 

Thank you again.

Message 7 of 8 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]

@HelenMUA1990  I'm glad to year you got it sorted out.  Did you happen to update an audio/sound driver as well?  There are quite a few Sims 4 crashes in your dxdiag that reference Nahimic, a component of the sound driver, although updating it may have fixed the issue.

If you run into other problems with Sims 4, try shutting down Nahimic in the Task Manager.  It will be reenabled the next time you reboot your computer, but in the interim, it wouldn't be running while you played.

Message 8 of 8 (470 Views)