Origin Sims 4 wont launch on my new computer.

by imafallenangel

Original Post

Origin Sims 4 wont launch on my new computer.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So my sims 4 wont launch on my gaming pc and the error i keep getting (see attached photo) shouldnt be a thing because ive never even been able to open the game on this computer. I have also attached my GxDiag form. I have spent days trying to get my game to load and it just wont at all. i have uninstalled origin, the sims 4 multiple times. i even followed the steps to turn off my antivirus and that still didnt work. i am missing an .exe file that just will not download. im so desprate to play Frown

Message 1 of 6 (325 Views)

Re: Origin Sims 4 wont launch on my new computer.

Champion (Retired)

@imafallenangel 

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (321 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried that and it still wont work

Message 3 of 6 (308 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@imafallenangel 

Please see this thread. Solved: Origin error: unable to start due to missing game data. Install Legacy Edition - Answer HQ (...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (294 Views)

★ Novice

ive tried this multiple time and it didnt work :/

Message 5 of 6 (255 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@imafallenangel   Try disconnecting one of the monitors. This game sometimes has issues with dual monitors. I think it's its a driver issue because sometimes updating the video driver resolves the issue (sometimes). Did you check the firewall. This game HAS to authenticate the first time it it is started so check the firewall. Does your login have administrator rights? Did the game install visual c++ runtime redist from Microsoft sometimes it doesn't? This game uses API's from IE (Edge) so if IE is messed up (or you uninstlled it) may be a problem. I don't use IE (well I do for some things) but my default browser is Firefox. If Windows is doing an update in the background and you disrupt it by turning the computer off I have found this could cause issues until the updates completes. These are the obvious things to look for. HTH

Message 6 of 6 (230 Views)