Re: Origin Screen Blank since May Update

by IILoveMyDogII

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Screen Blank since May Update

★★★★ Apprentice

Origin just automatically downloaded its newest version a few days ago, and ever since then the screen has been blank when I open Origin. I am still able to play my Sims 4 game via the shortcut on my desktop, but I was planning on buying some Expansion packs soon and I worry I won't be able to do that with Origin having issues. 

I have tried reloading the page, deleting Origin cache files and temp files on my computer already. I have also added Origin and Sims 4 as exceptions to my anti-virus, but I am still getting the blank screen.

What I am wondering is, are other people having this issue since the most recent update, and if so, is EA/Origin aware and working on fixing the issue? I would like to avoid attempting a manual reinstall if I don't have to.

Message 1 of 5 (486 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

This is likely a problem with Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (467 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

This is likely a problem with Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (468 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I quite out if origin ( completely close) and restarted it and it worked fine. 

Message 3 of 5 (439 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen Thank you, that worked! I had previously deleted the Program Files temp files, but I hadn't known to delete the App Data temp files. Thank you so much for your help!

Message 4 of 5 (405 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It still doesnt work for me

Message 5 of 5 (345 Views)