Re: Origin Repair Sims 4 Always Fails

by raybay12306

Original Post

Origin Repair Sims 4 Always Fails

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs Vampires Holiday Celebration Pack Up All Night Digital Content Life of The Party Digital Content Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content Get To Work Outdoor Retreat Backyard Stuff Kids Room Stuff Luxury Party Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Grims Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if it would happen for anyone else.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to repair my game, it says Sims 4 has failed but it Repairs every other Sims 4 related Packs/Expansions that I have. Or Sims 4 will stay on the finalizing part of the Repair until I turn the Laptop off and will say complete the next time I turn it on when it hasn't worked.
What do you expect to see? The Repair to successfully work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It happens with or without Mods installed. 

I tried clearing the Origin Cache but it didn't help I also tried turning the Firewall & Anti Virus off and that didn't help either. (I don't have a cable for the internet by the way) 

The error code is in the screenshot if it helps. 

I have submitted error reports every time it has happened, I understand that they may be busy, though. (I just wanted to let you know that I tried it.)

I'm having other issues with Sims 4 and people were recommended to Repair their game to see if it helps but that isn't working in my case because I can't Repair the game. 

I'm not sure when this started, it may have been last year some time. I'm not even sure if the updates worked properly. (I thought updates would fix the not Repairing issue or it was just a bad update causing it to not Repair the game and an update would work eventually to fix it.) 

One last thing if I reinstall Origin would I lose my save files for Sims 4? 

Message 1 of 4 (827 Views)

★★ Pro

@MidnightVampire1

It's okay to uninstall/reinstall Origin. Sims 4 and Origin are installed in completely different folders, so your user files should be fine. If you're concerned about that, copy or move the Sims 4 folder to a USB key for safe keeping.

Message 2 of 4 (813 Views)

★★ Novice
@172e3cda00349872 How do I do that?
Message 3 of 4 (766 Views)

@raybay12306  If you mean that you want to uninstall Origin, first clear its cache, then uninstall it "the hard way."

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (746 Views)