Origin Doesn't Track Hours Played

by BernieH2H

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Doesn't Track Hours Played

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I pre-ordered Sims 4 and shortly after buying it, it stopped tracking my hours played and last date played.   On three separate occasions, I contacted support - twice by phone and once through chat.  I tried everything they suggested - uninstall, full uninstall, clean boot, clearing the cache, and setting up a brand new profile on my computer.  Each time, origin started tracking my hours but then it stopped working again within a day or two.

I prefer Origin to shut down when I exit my game because I play on more than one computer.  Within a day or two of speaking with tech support, I would change the default settings again so Origin would close when I finished playing.  And it would stop tracking because Origin was shutting down before it could update the hours I had played.   I changed my setting back to the default and TA-DA -- problem SOLVED!

Message 1 of 11 (12,432 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Doesn't Track Hours Played

★★★★ Novice

In Origin, under Application settings, there is "Show Origin After Gameplay" and it's turned on by default.  I had turned mine off and I set it back to the default.  

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (15,024 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I'm a bit unsure if you require help, want to report that as a bug or just want to help others that have this issue.

Could you elaborate ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (12,381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I solved the problem!  I'm hoping EA support will log this solution because I had a terrible time trying to fix it.  

I contacted EA support on twitter and they suggested I post it here.  Is there somewhere else I should post it or can I mark it solved somehow?

Message 3 of 11 (12,375 Views)

Hero

I guess I can forward it to the Origin team so they can fix it.

Yeah, just mark it solved. It's good of you to post it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (12,372 Views)

★★ Novice

"I changed my setting back to the default and TA-DA -- problem SOLVED!"

How did you changed your setting back to default??

Message 5 of 11 (11,325 Views)

Try taking out the Options.ini from: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

If you want to be sure you can just move it out and replace it if the solution doesn't work.

If the solution doesn't work, could you make your own post with a little bit more information on the issue and what you tried to fix it?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 11 (11,316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In Origin, under Application settings, there is "Show Origin After Gameplay" and it's turned on by default.  I had turned mine off and I set it back to the default.  

Message 7 of 11 (15,025 Views)

★ Novice

HOW DO U TURN IT BACK TO DEFAULT

Message 8 of 11 (8,017 Views)

Just click it again @Baconman21804?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 11 (7,996 Views)

★ Novice

I did that @Phantomlover1717 and it did not work.

Message 10 of 11 (7,695 Views)