by Toztabud

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Options not saving

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unknown (Last patch updated)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims™ 4 Get to Work The Sims™ 4 Get Famous The Sims™ 4 Spa Day The Sims™ 4 Kids Room Stuff The Sims™ 4 Jungle Adventure The Sims™ 4 Cats & Dogs The Sims™ 4 Premium Edition The Sims™ 4 Moschino Stuff Pack The Sims™ 4 Luxury Party Stuff The Sims™ 4 Seasons The Sims™ 4 Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims™ 4 Island Living The Sims™ 4 Get Together The Sims™ 4 Backyard Stuff The Sims™ 4 Fitness Stuff The Sims™ 4 Vampires The Sims™ 4 Holiday Celebration Pack The Sims™ 4 Toddler Stuff The Sims™ 4 City Living The Sims™ 4 Digital Soundtrack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to change game options under "other" and make sure they stay changed
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to change options that require a restart, but they don't stay fixed
What do you expect to see? Options remaining changed after I restart the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Presumably one of the most recent game updates

I have reinstalled my game, but when I try to make changes to the options that need a restart, the options don't stay fixed. One main one for me is cc, which I was planning to add to my game, but I can't find the checkbox for it in CAS and every time I try to activate it, it is turned off after the restart.

Message 1 of 4 (367 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Options not saving

★★★ Apprentice

I figured it out! I needed to remove my cache folders, my "Events", "Options" and "UserSetting" folders and generate new ones for the game. All fixed up now.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (350 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I figured it out! I needed to remove my cache folders, my "Events", "Options" and "UserSetting" folders and generate new ones for the game. All fixed up now.

Message 2 of 4 (351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you generate new ones?

Message 3 of 4 (265 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Eva_Ostrov 

Start the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (261 Views)