Opens build mode by itself

by annette_27399

Original Post

Opens build mode by itself

★★★ Novice

So every time I enter the game it automatically goes into build mode by itself! And even after I go  live mode it goes into build mode again and again. I removed all my mods and CC and it’s still happening.
Please help. 

Message 1 of 11 (903 Views)

Re: Opens build mode by itself

Champion

@annette_27399 Hello!  My, that's a weird one.  Since you removed your mods, try also deleting the localthumbcache.package which is in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder.  You also want to repair the game after that; exit the game, right click on the game in Origin and select Repair.  Depending on the number of packs you have, that might take a while.  After the repair is complete for all packs, open the game and see if it's working.  If so, you can try adding your mods back in a little bit at a time to test them in your game and see which one is causing the issue.  Also, check the creators' sites and make sure you have the most recent and updated versions.  Outdated mods can cause many various issues.

If you're still seeing the issue without mods, after clearing the cache and repairing the game, then come back and let us know.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 11 (875 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, thank you for your response, I did all the steps you said and it’s still happening and it glitches to the point that I have to restart my computer, I don’t know what else to do and it’s not letting me play the game in peace, please help me.

Message 3 of 11 (828 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@annette_27399   Please post your computer's dxdiag -  how to post dxdiag  and attach the created txt file to the paperclip at the lower right corner of the response window.

Message 4 of 11 (822 Views)

Game is not working properly

★★★ Novice

Every time I open the game and go into a family the build mode opens by itself and it won’t even let me edit anything. I removed and mods, custom content and repaired the game but it’s still halo! I don’t know what else to do please help.

Message 5 of 11 (786 Views)

Re: Game is not working properly

Hero

HI @annette_27399 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (780 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict, thank you for your response.

I did as you said, and after the game was reset I repaired it and began to put it in my saves file, opened the game and everything was fine so I decided to put the CC in the mods folder and started the game but, it opened the build mode again so I closed the game, removed the CC and opened the game again and it opened the build mode again... what do I do? Do I reset it again and put some CC open the game and put some more? like step by step? and try to see which CC is making my game break?

Message 7 of 11 (728 Views)

Hero
@annette_27399 You need to sort through your cc to find what's causing it

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Also your threads were merged. Didn't realize you already had a thread and help from others.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (679 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict Ok what I did was reset the game again (Without any mods or CC) I opened the game, created a new family and it opened the build mode again... So I repaired the game (took a very long time and Origin was very laggy). After I repaired the game I opened it and it went into build mode again... without any mods or CC!

Message 9 of 11 (647 Views)

Hero
@annette_27399 Did you reinstall the game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (626 Views)