Only old mods, not my new ones, also ea folder and legacy is gone.

by flightypenguin

Original Post

Only old mods, not my new ones, also ea folder and legacy is gone.

★ Novice

My sims4 Legacy Edition game updated, so I had to re'enable mods. The game restarted and everything but the mods still were not there. I checked on my mods folder and there was NOTHING inside. I was really bummed. I had alot of mods before. Even though I was pretty bummed I decided to download some new mods, getting new cc is fun anyways. I spent about 45 minutes to an hour downloading new cc and was actually really excited to use all the stuff I got. I re-opened my game and all the cc showed up. I thought it was working and got really excited. I went into create-a-sim and all of my old deleted mods were back! But my new mods weren't?? I checked my mods folder again. All my newly downloaded mods were still there, so I didn't understand why they weren't showing up in-game. I checked my mods folder some more to see if any of my original mods were there, but they weren't. sO wHY thE hEck wEre My oLD mOds ShOwInG uP bUT nOt mY nEW OnEs?!?!?!?!?

Then I realized, my EA and Sims Legacy folder were gone. The folder I found the mods folder in was just called "The Sims 4"

I searched for the EA and Legacy folder but I couldn't find them ANYWHERE. When I looked up sims in finder, the only thing that came up was "The Sims 4" not legacy edition. I also can't find my original mods folder which I believe is wherever my EA folder is but i cant FIND my EA folder.

I'm super confused.

Message 1 of 7 (419 Views)

Re: Only old mods, not my new ones, also ea folder and legacy is gone.

Hero
@flightypenguin You probably don't need the legacy edition ?

Are you on a Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (414 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@flightypenguin 

The sims 4 folder is by default here; Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

If you have the legacy edition it will be here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 LE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 7 (413 Views)

★ Novice

My EA folder is gone.

Message 4 of 7 (411 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@flightypenguin 

You wrote that you could start the game so the EA folder can not be gone. You are probably looking in the wrong place. Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 7 (396 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, i'm on a mac. Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (391 Views)

★ Novice

OK thankyou i'll try it. Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (390 Views)