by emsy_jd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Only leaves visible on harvestable plants

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get together, get to work, cats and dogs, seasons, parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? growing harvestable plants
What happens when the bug occurs? the stems and branches of the plant are missing, only leaves are visible
What do you expect to see? there should be branches not just leaves
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

not sure how long this has been happening as i dont always get my sims to grow plants or harvest the naturally occuring ones, but i do remember seeing this for at least a year, not sure if after a specific patch or not? I have had mods before but removed them about six months ago and have got them turned off in the settings.

Message 1 of 7 (580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Only leaves visible on harvestable plants

Hero
@emsy_jd Could you post a picture of your ingame graphics settings and also repair your game and delete your localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (561 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@emsy_jd Could you post a picture of your ingame graphics settings and also repair your game and delete your localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (562 Views)

Hero
@emsy_jd Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (537 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @crinrict,

Haven't solved this yet but where do I find the thumcache? 

Thanks

Em

Message 4 of 7 (526 Views)

Hero
@emsy_jd The file can be found in documents\electronictarts\the sims 4 and is called localthumbcache.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (514 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks for your help! It appears to be fixed after a repair and deleting the cache :D
Message 6 of 7 (496 Views)

Hero
@emsy_jd Glad to hear taht.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (488 Views)