Only certain CC shows up.

by imstupidhelp

Original Post

Only certain CC shows up.

★ Novice

Basically I reinstalled sims the other day and got a load of new cc along with it. I put it all into my folder and started playing and then realised I didn’t put it all in. So I got some more, and put that in my folder as well as the CC I missed out. However only the CC I put in originally showed up. I tried condensing it into all one folder. Then all sub folders. Then separate folders. Nothing has worked. I know it’s not the CC itself, because it’s only the ones put in originally. I’ve tried taking the CC out then back in, turning mods off and on, but it’s still the same CC I originally had before putting more in. Anyone able to help with how to get the newer CC to load?

Message 1 of 6 (312 Views)

Dot.: Only certain CC shows up.

Hero (Retired)
@imstupidhelp

I think you started using the Legacy Editon version of the game.
If so, then you have two game folders, one old and the other L_E folder. Both have mods folders. Make sure you put the CC into the folder the game uses now, i.e. Legacy Edition
However, you must know that the game will not use and see some CCs that were created after the November update.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@kreatora Im using the limited edition, as I always have, and the CC is all new and created around the same time. Because I put in one bit, then about 10 minutes after, another which had been downloaded on the same day, at the same time, and only that didnt show up. So only the first bit I put in 10 minutes prior is appearing.

Message 3 of 6 (249 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@imstupidhelp

Unfortunately, it looks like this part of CC that didn't show up was created AFTER the November update and that's why the game isn't reading them.
Message 4 of 6 (213 Views)

★ Novice
@kreatora But my issue is, is that the first bit was made at the same time as the other bits so how is that possible
Message 5 of 6 (198 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@imstupidhelp

There can be many reasons. Some CCs have been created on the EA base of objects that you don't have. Some of them might need a mesh that had to be downloaded additionally. You can find more information about CC and mods here.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-How-to-use-Mods-CC/td-p/8781409
Message 6 of 6 (183 Views)