Only 2 cc's show up in game each time?

by Heath23244

Original Post

Only 2 cc's show up in game each time?

★ Novice

Okay so I'm starting a new topic for this because its bizarre and oddly specific. I just recently downloaded the Sims 3 on my pc. I set up the mod folder correctly, as I downloaded a premade one. I began to add cc. When I logged into the game, only 2 of the many I put in the packages folder showed. At first I considered broken cc and started over. But each time I add different cc, or take out some, only 2 show up. It's so weird. Please help me!!!

Message 1 of 4 (314 Views)

Re: Only 2 cc's show up in game each time?

@Heath23244  Just checking, but are you unzipping the files before placing them in Packages?  And you're only adding .package files to the Mods setup?

The other thing to be aware of is that you can only have one "default replacement" cc item per category.  You can have as many non-default replacements as you want, but only one file can be the game's default choice at a time.  So the two items that show at a time may correspond to the two categories of items you've downloaded, or maybe one male and one female version in the same category.  Most cc creators offer both default and non-default versions of their cc.

If this isn't what's happening, you could try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and starting over.  There's always a chance that something in this folder is corrupt or otherwise behaving badly.  If you have saves you'd like to preserve, you can move them from your old TS3 folder to the new one once you've sorted out your cc issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (299 Views)

★ Novice
Everything in there is a package file. The two packages showing up aren't related to one another. I already tried replacing the folder. Frown
Message 3 of 4 (283 Views)

@Heath23244  I didn't mean that only some kinds of cc might be showing up; I was saying that if you have multiple cc files in the same category, perhaps only one will work at a time.  For example, if you have half a dozen cc skins, but they're all categorized as "default replacement," the game will only recognize one at a time.  If you take out the one that works, another one will show up, but again, only one, because there can only be one default at any given time.

If you test each .package file in the clean folder, and each one shows up when it's the only cc currently in the game, you'll know that all the files are fine.  In that case, the reason they don't all work together has to be some kind of conflict.  Unfortunately, there's no shortcut to sorting it out.  You just need to test your cc, identify which combinations aren't working, and then try to find a pattern.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (278 Views)