Re: Online Connection Problem For Sims 4 Gallery

by roberta591

Original Post

Online Connection Problem For Sims 4 Gallery

★★ Novice

I'll just copy what I've said to a few people here which explains pretty much everything in detail:

Hi, I'm having a problem relating to the online gallery. I'm trying to go into the gallery to post old houses from my older laptop so that I can always access them; the gallery and online activity works perfectly on my other laptop (It's the same wifi and connection). Therefore, I know the problem is either coming from Origin or the Sims4 (on this laptop). I also have a Windows10 system and I've done all the other small steps such as repairing the game, updates (Origin+Sims), and correcting the time but nothing worked, I saw twice the infamous red "X's" from the gallery (for a few seconds), and then it crashed and went back to my "Connect or Stay Offline Problem" (Where when you click the "Connect", it shows the Error Message saying that you cannot connect online at that moment, please check your internet connection, etc. ). So far I contacted EA Chat Support twice, both times nothing changed; the problem is still persisting. The first time I was told to clear the Origin caches and the second time I was told to do a backup and reset of the game. Since the problem is still happening, I guess it means that the problem is not coming from my Sims 4 files that I backed-up. Before contacting EA, I sent a message like this one to someone else who once solved the problem but the technique probably won't work anymore (It's a technique involving going into the Windows Powershell, it solved the problem for a few people in 2019. I know that techniques for problems often change and don't work over the years, I wonder if this technique might still work as it solved it back in 2019). The problem has been going on for about a week now (since I opened the game on this laptop to be able to publish my old content.) I have the first edition of the game I believe (CD from 2014).

Thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 7 (982 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AlexiaSims11   Is your old machine Windows 10? Are you using athird party firewall? Some settings in the Windows Edge browser can effect connections. You may not use the browser but the game uses the Windows browser API's to communicate. You know you can only have one login at a time in your account. Did you try accessing the gallery while in game?Could you post the Powershell code you used before or post a link to it. There are many ways to change setting. Powershell is just a different command line way. Thank you

Message 2 of 7 (956 Views)

@AlexiaSims11  The red Xs in the Gallery is a known issue caused by an antivirus program blocking access to the Sims 4 user folder.  Please see the first post of this thread for suggestions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Gallery-Connection-Troubleshooting-Status-O...

However, it sounds like you might not have that issue, or at least not only that issue, so let me know if the suggestions don't help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (950 Views)

★★ Novice
@roberta591 Hi, yes it's an Asus laptop with windows 10 latest update, of my knowledge the only antivirus on this laptop is Windows Security. Yes, the other laptop is offline and there is only this laptop's login at this time. Origin is online but the Sims 4 is offline and can't get online (On this laptop, everything works perfectly with the other one). Yes, I tried accessing the gallery in-game and on the home page.

I haven't yet tried the Windows Powershell technique as it might not work anymore (I'll still send the link to the Answer HQ but it goes back to 2019, so it might not work anymore that I've been told by the person who gave the solution back then: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-Go-Online/m-p/9126144#M176007 )

Hold down the Windows Key and press X.
Click Administrator: Windows Powershell.
When the command prompt opens, type ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Once you complete this please complete the following steps mentioned below and your issue should be resolved.
Open the Start menu and search for msconfig.
Click on System Configuration.
Click the Services tab.
Check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button.
Click on the Startup tab, then click on Open Task Manager.
It can take a few seconds for the Task Manager list to load.
Click each of the Startup programs in the list then click the Disable button.
Close the Task Manager window.
Click OK on the System Configuration window to save your changes, then restart your computer.
Once you restart your computer, try launching your game again.

Message 4 of 7 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@AlexiaSims11 First thing to check is that the game is allowed through the firewall. A quick check is to disable the firewall and check to see if that solves the issue. If it works with the firewall off then enable the firewall and there should be an entry to allow the sim4 64 bit needs to be allowed access the public network. See if this works.

add: just noticed there is a setting in the game settings to turn on online features in other under game options. check that first to see if that is enabled.

Message 5 of 7 (910 Views)

★★ Novice
@roberta591 But how can I disable Windows Security, isn't it like permanent or something? And yes, all the small steps such as turn on online features are done.
Message 6 of 7 (876 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AlexiaSims11   If you go into Windows - settings - update and security you can disable the firewall and the antivirus. If you DO turn these off to test - make sure you go back and turn them back on. Google how to turn off Windows firewall. I'm sure someone has a how to. I have a spiral notebook next to my computer where I record what I did so I can go back over what I did. This not only helps you but will help someone that is trying to helping you. The Windows firewall and antivirus is part of the Windows 10 operating system but they can be turned on and off.

Message 7 of 7 (852 Views)