One of my mods is causing a barrier that is preventing me from entering TS4

by 1kyears

Original Post

Accepted Solution

One of my mods is causing a barrier that is preventing me from entering TS4

★★★★ Novice

As you can see in the screenshots, it lets me press play, but then never enters the game, but it enters without mods. One of my mods is causing this barrier, I know due to contacting EA about this issue, but I can't resume my case because EA is having its' own technical issues right now. I don't have time to do the 50-50 method because I am a college student and I have homework and two jobs, is there another way to fix my game?

Message 1 of 8 (421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: One of my mods is causing a barrier that is preventing me from entering TS4

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora I will keep that in mind for next time, I got in contact with EA and they fixed it, but I appreciate your help, so thank you very much, TS4 has literally saved my life, so I'm really grateful.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (333 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@1kyears

There is "To Sims 4 Broken Mods Finder" but you will have to use Google to find it because it is also a kind of mod and I am not allowed to give you a link to this in this forum. Unfortunately, this is not a 100% reliable tool and additionally requires an update after each patch.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 8 (403 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found the culprit, but it still won't load. Should I do batch fixes then repair the game?

Message 3 of 8 (380 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@1kyears

If it still won't load with mods it means that you have more these broken mods.
I think you need to do it in a "hard way".
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3. Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Message 4 of 8 (369 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora I'll try, but I also have 4 disabilities, so the 50/50 method is kind of hard for me to understand. Could you explain how to do the 50/50 method using simple words? I have ASD, GAD, Bereavement Depression, and Insomnia, the ASD being the one that makes it hard to understand the 50/50 method because everyone uses big words to describe how to do it.
Message 5 of 8 (354 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Update: I checked my mods, none of them are broken, and I got rid of all the broken ones previously, so idk what to tell you.
Message 6 of 8 (345 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@1kyears

50/50 method:
Go to the old mods folder. right-click on an empty piece of screen and select "new folder". A new empty folder will be created, name it CC1. Insert 50 CC pieces into it. Then paste this folder into the new mods folder and try to start the game. If the game starts, it means that the pasted content does not contain broken CC and you can safely leave it in the new mods folder. Again, create a new CC2 folder in the old mods folder and insert another 50 CC into it and test it in the new mods folder. If the game does not start you should look for the culprit. Eject CC2 subfolder to the desktop and create a new Test1 subfolder in it. Insert 25 pieces of CC into this subfolder and paste this Test1 into the mods folder, If the game does not start again, pull out the Test1 folder to the desktop. Now you can test these 25 pieces one by one. If the game starts, you leave the CC piece tested in the mods folder. If the game does not start you throw this one culprit to the garbage.
Message 7 of 8 (337 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora I will keep that in mind for next time, I got in contact with EA and they fixed it, but I appreciate your help, so thank you very much, TS4 has literally saved my life, so I'm really grateful.
Message 8 of 8 (334 Views)