Re: One Doctor Sim (Multiple versions of) with Needs All Over.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

One Doctor Sim (Multiple versions of) with Needs All Over.

★★ Apprentice

I have one particular Sim, named Nathaniel, whoes needs seem to jump all over in a nearly random fashion.

This is especially true at night, when he will go to bed and then the game goes into Ultra Speed. One moment the Energy need bar will be near full green, next it is back down to only half way.

Sometimes his time/animations don’t seem to be keeping up with him.  For example, I’ll que up going to the bathroom and while he’s still sitting at the table eating breakfast his que only will advance to the “Use” for the toilet.  His bladder need will fill (but not necessarily STAY full, refer the jumping all over).

Similarly, I sent him to bed at about 9pm game time on a holiday I created.  According to the clock it is now about 5am the following day.  Nathaniel has got up, done laundry and is eating.  For whatever reason; the holiday is still showing in the top right corner. I HAVEN’T received the notification on how successful (or otherwise) his holiday was.

I have noticed that this is all a real problem when he goes to work at the hospital lot.  When he leaves, he’s had a full nights sleep, eaten and used the bathroom.  His needs SHOULD be green.  Because of the needs changing rapidly/randomly, he’ll end up at the hospital hungry, tense (low fun) and just about dropping from exhaustion.  Very hard to handle his workday.  And it doesn’t make sense.  It’s fustrating.

Nathaniel is the ONLY Sim with which I have witnessed this.  All my other Sims act ‘normally’.

This has occurred with more than one version of the Nathaniel Sim.  The one I am playing now is a download from the/my Gallery.

The problem is not lot specific, it’s happened now in at least two different apartments.  It MIGHT be career specific, as Nathaniel is my only doctor so far.  Come to think of it, the issue possibly didn’t start before Nathaniel’s first day of doctor work.

I’ve tried Repair Game, without resolving this issue.  As mentioned, this is happening with multiple versions of the same Sim in different saves.

Any advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 11 (1,077 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @moppy14w 

sorry it took so long but I tested your save and also can't duplicate the issue.

It's supposed to happen right away on the save, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (917 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi  @moppy14w 

does the Sim have lots of stuff in their inventory ?

Als are you using any mods/cc om your game ?

I'll check the Sim out later today to see if I can duplicate the behavior.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,062 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks @crinrict 

I’m not positive it’s a bug so it will be interesting to see what you think/find.  Make sure to make him a doctor as discussed I guess.

My new Nathaniel had next to nothing in his inventory.  A couple of patient swabs was about all I think.

I use MCCC, including MC WooHoo and have recently added Meaningful Stories; but the first time I noticed this behaviour I hadn’t discovered that mod yet.  No Custom Content.

Message 3 of 11 (1,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you test him on a fresh vanilla save as well ? No added mods to see how that goes ?

I tested him for a bit (maybe not long enough) but did a full work day and night after and didn't have any issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,045 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey @crinrict 

I believe the problems usually took longer to manifest.  I’m also realising that I’m likely talking about games played with more than one household, of which his is the only one showing this quirk.  I wonder if that makes a difference.

could try a vanilla game if you/someone can offer me some advice on how to do it without upsetting my current save.  The rest of the save, apart from Nathaniel’s occasional hiccup is going well.

Message 5 of 11 (1,021 Views)

Hero

Guess send me your save then. Probably easiest.

To do so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Cheers @crinrict 

I uploaded three save files.  00002a is my latest file.  000001e is the file I created when first rotating to Nathaniel's household as the active household.  000026 is one where he began to have the Won't stay in bed issue, but it was resolved by going into Manage Worlds and then going back to him.

Here is the Google Drive link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TQEgh6alDnlz2Po-Wq0zDNP7ImgjkNFO?usp=sharing

I hope I've done it right.

Thank you very much for your time.  I'm appreciating the help, though I'm starting to think there can't be much of a bug?

Message 7 of 11 (993 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
I'll take a look later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (971 Views)

Hero

Hi @moppy14w 

sorry it took so long but I tested your save and also can't duplicate the issue.

It's supposed to happen right away on the save, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (918 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for trying @crinrict   Yes, I would assume that any bug would be present in the save.

Since rotating back to Nathaniel I have noticed normal game behaviour too.

Accepting that whatever hiccup there was, it’s not a bug.

Thanks again

Message 10 of 11 (893 Views)