Re: Old Saves Return...New Saves Vanish

by SandArcher

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Old Saves Return...New Saves Vanish

★★★★ Novice

So, Windows did that thing it does occasionally where it installs updates without telling you and restarts the computer. I go to start The Sims 3, and all the downloadable stuff I've gotten since I first installed Supernatural is suddenly no longer installed. After I spend 20 minutes sorting that out, I start the game, dreading what's happened to it now. Upon doing so, I find that my old saves are back...but my new ones, which I've sunk much more time and effort into, are gone.

I've just about had it with this. 

I don't know where it was saving the new files to, as it's not the My Documents save folder, but it was consistently able to access them, wherever they were being stored. I removed the file folder from My Documents, and now it just doesn't have any saves registering. What on Earth is going on, and how do I fix it?

Message 1 of 5 (311 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Apparently, for some reason (Possibly involving Administrator Priveleges), the game switched from using my saves folder, to the other user on my computer's saves folder. I fixed the issue for good by merging the two and putting them into my directory.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (300 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Nevermind, figured it out. 

Message 2 of 5 (304 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Mic_Roe_Pony can you tell us how you solved your issue? It could help someone else Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (302 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Apparently, for some reason (Possibly involving Administrator Priveleges), the game switched from using my saves folder, to the other user on my computer's saves folder. I fixed the issue for good by merging the two and putting them into my directory.

Message 4 of 5 (301 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Mic_Roe_Pony glad to hear, thanks for sharing Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (288 Views)