by lauren_hayley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Recently my computer was fried and I had to have it fixed. Everything was erased. When I got it back I downloaded my games and went to launch it but was given the error in the picture multiple times. I uninstalled  everything and reinstalled and it is still doing this. The sims 3 is giving a similar notification and won’t launch either. Obviously I am online as I was able to download the games off origin, and download origin itself. Anyone have a similar problem and know how to fix it?? 

Message 1 of 5 (342 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Offline

★★★ Novice

Found the solution on another thread, this is what worked for me:

Solved: Re: Asking me to activate my sims 4 - Answer HQ (ea.com)

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (237 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@lauren_hayley Error says “ we’ve noticed your computer is currently off-line. To activate your game on this computer using your EA account, you’ll need to connect to the Internet.”
Message 2 of 5 (340 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@lauren_hayley 

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 5 (314 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion. I don’t have the virus programs this thread mentioned, but I tried it out anyways. I’m still receiving the same error.

Message 4 of 5 (277 Views)

★★★ Novice

Found the solution on another thread, this is what worked for me:

Solved: Re: Asking me to activate my sims 4 - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Message 5 of 5 (238 Views)