Offline Mode No internet and my game will not start.

by PinkPolarBear143

Original Post

Offline Mode No internet and my game will not start.

★★★ Newbie

I recently got a new computer which doesn't have a WI fi card yet. I ended up plugging my computer into my router but my cord does not reach my router so I downloaded everything I needed to download for origin. I clicked to have it in offline mode and then moved my computer to the 2nd floor of my house and now my game does not launch. It says I need to re log in when I've already logged in. I've never had so many problems with origin. 

How do I fix this?  My Internet cord does not reach my computer I do not have a WI fi card yet I've already logged into origin and Sims and moved my computer and now origin will not let me play any of my games.

It's pretty bad I can play on steam with no problems offline but I can't play on origin.

Message 1 of 9 (3,406 Views)

Re: Offline Mode No internet and my game will not start.

@PinkPolarBear143  What happens if you launch the game directly from TS4_x64.exe?  For me, it's always worked with no internet connection.  Origin's login screen appears and I have to enter my password, but as soon as I do, the game loads.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (3,395 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Haven't played Sims 4 in awhile, but logged in yesterday.  Got all the latest updates, played for awhile, etc..

This morning when I tried to start Origin with no internet, it will not even come up to let me log in.

So, tried using the .exe file, but Origin just popped up and then promptly closes.

Soooo, can we not play offline anymore?

Message 3 of 9 (3,318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can not play online either. Origin vines up with a white screen and mothugg happens. 

Message 4 of 9 (3,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@uzaan I meant offline
Message 5 of 9 (3,299 Views)

@TPMoriarty and @uzaan  You should be able to play offline, unless something changed very recently.  Can you sign into Origin while online, then put it in offline mode?  Please test, if you can.

Message 6 of 9 (3,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I could play one time this morning but in the afternoon it didn’t work. I’ll check of I can login and Out it in offline mode tomorrow. I’m off to bed now.
Message 7 of 9 (3,265 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As long as internet is connected, I have no problems.  I can sign into Origin, go offline and still play.

No internet connection and I cannot even get Origin to open.  If I manage to get it open, it will not let me sign in. As soon as I type my info, it closes.

If I log into Origin while connected, go offline and kill the internet connection - the game will error out and say that Origin is not running.

If I log into Origin, go offline, start the game and then kill the internet connection it will play just fine.

Playing offline, really offline, shouldn't be so difficult.

Everything is completely updated, drivers, computer, game, etc...

Message 8 of 9 (3,249 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TPMoriarty  Please try a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

You'll of course need to sign in while online the first time you open Origin after reinstalling it, but once you've done that, restart your computer and try opening it while offline again.

Message 9 of 9 (3,237 Views)