by pisceanpassion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Off Grid Living: Cannot brush teeth

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a sink that is labelled off the grid compatible
What happens when the bug occurs? The option for a sim to brush their teeth is disabled on a lot with the "off the grid" lot trait using an off grid compatible sink.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the "brush teeth" option enabled considering that one doesn't need running water or plumbing to brush their teeth. Brushing one's teeth is basic hygiene that can be done with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a splash of water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue appeared after installing the latest patch that introduced the "off the grid lot" trait.

the ice box fridge probably should work off grid too.

Message 1 of 9 (1,589 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Off Grid Living: Cannot brush teeth

★ Apprentice
@crinrict
I found the culprit! It was "WhosAsking_AlreadyUpgraded_ALL.package". It's a mod that instantly upgrades everything. Once I took it out, all the already placed sinks were still upgraded but they all had the "quickly wash hands/brush teeth" interaction now enabled.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,428 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@pisceanpassion Which sink are you using ? I think you need to pick one that says it's functional for off-grid living.

On those, there's a quickly brush teeth.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict

Thank you for the fast reply!

I just checked every sink that said they were functional off the grid in their description and placed them all on an off the grid lot, here's the list:
All-purpose Pebbled Sink - Outdoor Retreat
Clean Machine Sink - Outdoor Retreat
Industro-sink - Dine Out
The Patrician - Base Game
Cru Cabinet Sink - Base Game
B'ai l'Est Galvanized Sink - Laundry Day
Mother Nature's Lava Sink - Island Living

The only sinks that actually have the quickly wash hands and quickly brush teeth options in live mode are the "B'ai L'Est Galvanized Sink" and the "Mother nature's Lava Sink".

Can anyone confirm if this is also the case in their game?

Message 3 of 9 (1,565 Views)

Hero
@pisceanpassion My Sim just bought themselves a lot of sinks and they all have the options.

Were you trying them with the same sim each time and in the same mood

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,550 Views)

★ Pro

All-purpose Pebbled Sink - Outdoor Retreat
Clean Machine Sink - Outdoor Retreat
Industro-sink - Dine Out
The Patrician - Base Game
Cru Cabinet Sink - Base Game
B'ai l'Est Galvanized Sink - Laundry Day

All those work fine for cleaning teeth in my game. Can not test the last one as do not have Island Living.

Message 5 of 9 (1,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict
I was playing a household with a regular female sim and a merman. I had placed each sink that said "functional off grid" in buy mode. Then in live mode I clicked on each sink that I placed and looked at all interactions that were enabled. The two sinks i mentioned were the only ones that didn't have all interactions disabled. When I hovered over the disabled interactions for the other sinks, it said there wasn't any plumbing. I then went back into buy mode and deleted every sink except the Cru cabinet sink to see if it might be a two working sink limit, but it still didn't work as the only off grid sink on the lot. This was all done with the same sim in the same mood (I can't remember which mood).

I don't have access to the game for the next few hours so I won't be able to do more tests right away. However, it seems I'm the only one with this bug so feel free to delete this report. I'll try a game repair later. Thanks so much for checking in your own games and I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time!

Message 6 of 9 (1,505 Views)

Hero
@pisceanpassion No worries. It's only been a short while since you made this post. Maybe others ARE seeing it. I take it neither of the two saw the option ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,497 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, same results for the both of them. I checked back and saw they were both in a flirty mood so I cheated their emotional intensity to happy and the result was the same. I'll do some more troubleshooting and report back if i find the problem.

Message 8 of 9 (1,450 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict
I found the culprit! It was "WhosAsking_AlreadyUpgraded_ALL.package". It's a mod that instantly upgrades everything. Once I took it out, all the already placed sinks were still upgraded but they all had the "quickly wash hands/brush teeth" interaction now enabled.
Message 9 of 9 (1,429 Views)