October update mods not working

by NANlNANA1212

Original Post

October update mods not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After updating the game, the mods don't work. None of them. I went in and enabled them, and still nothing. All the mods are still there, but none of them are working. The message saying there's a broken mod, isn't appearing so, it leads me to believe there isn't a problem with the actual mods. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 8 (1,488 Views)

Re: October update mods not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @NANlNANA1212  Mods and CC require maintenance to keep them in your game, if the modder has not updated it after a game patch/update it may be broken (you can check via the mod tracker for reported broken, etc mods). The process of culling & removing it, to find the broken mod is the only option though, you'll find it won't be 'all of them' but a few or even just 'one'.. 

After every patch or game update, this is a necessary process, to add your mods back to your game, folder by folder and starting it each time to test to see if it's ok to play. (nb: you should keep them separated for ease of checking, btw)

Also,  if you are new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining your game.  as there is many tips including the 50/50 method and tools to help you fix your game and how to find the broken mod. 

Hope this helps. 

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Thumbs up
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 8 (1,453 Views)

★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem..mods r in folder but don't seem to be in the game..I've updated them but nothing changes.. hope they fix this asap if it's because of the October Game update

Message 3 of 8 (1,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Zyran_Black666 You should start your own thread, as is not entirely clear either. btw, EA does not support the use of mods, and is up to you to maintain your game with them.

If absolutely no mods are showing, do remember that they are automatically turned off when you update, so you need to allow them in the game settings.

bandicam 2019-10-09 00-02-41-340.jpg

Mods and CC require maintenance to keep them in your game, if the modder has not updated it after a game patch/update it may be broken (you can check via the mod tracker for reported broken, etc mods). The process of culling & removing it, to find the broken mod is the only option though, you'll find it won't be 'all of them' but a few or even just 'one'.. 

After every patch or game update, this is a necessary process, to add your mods back to your game, folder by folder and starting it each time to test to see if it's ok to play. (nb: you should keep them separated for ease of checking, btw)

Also,  if you are new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining your game.  as there is many tips including the 50/50 method and tools to help you fix your game and how to find the broken mod. 

Hope this helps. 

Sasha

Message 4 of 8 (1,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

The Problem is the mods wont reenable ive tried so many times enable them then come out restart the game, they should be enabled now., but not enabled this isn't a mod problem the game will not enable the script mods or mods. restarted the computer same thing, so it's not the mods that are the problem also the gallery red crosses through every upload like they dont exist. This has happened before ample times after and update the fact that mods wont reenable is the problem no matter how many times i click them to reenable them. Ive repaired the game took the mods out then placed back in same thing the mods will not reenable. It's starting to get annoying now, because it seems like every time there is an update it breaks something else in the game and the glitches even without mods are really bad.

Message 5 of 8 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@wishT99 this is an old thread from Oct, 2019..

Try this as have seen a post regarding this issue the other day on twitter from Crinrict, by deleting your options.ini file it resets your settings and another post.  If it still doesn't work, try starting a new thread.

Sasha.

I have no connection to EA, am an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them

simsonic weebly banner banner gold.png

Message 6 of 8 (760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.  Mods and CC won't re-enable.  I also can't access the gallery items!

Message 7 of 8 (748 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

If having this issue then please post in the current thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-activate-my-mods-after-new-update/td-p/9560277/j...

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (741 Views)