Objects outside lot that Can't be deleted FIX

by Pushmehbutton

Original Post

Objects outside lot that Can't be deleted FIX

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Im creating this topic to try and help people with an issue I have ran into and recently found a working solution for. 

If you have objects from your house that appear outside your lot in Sims 4 and setting them as Head does not remove them but generates unlimited copies of said object here is a valid working solution that has removed them for good for me in game. 

First off you will need the MC Comand Center Mod:

<removed link>

Install this directly into your mods folder or create a folder inside your mods folder  to place this mod into.

This mod by itself I thought would resolve the issue as it has a destroy object option but I was wrong.

You will need to enable debug options on a ingame pc by the following commands:

MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats

Change this to Enabled.

You will also need to Enable Testing Cheats:

MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Testing Cheats

You should now have the option to Shift + Click on an object outside the lot and see the option to destroy object, I thought this mod would be enough to fix the issue but my objects would not delete no matter how hard I tried because EA disabled a bunch of  things they considered bugs in the game not allowing you to destroy stuff which is where this other mod comes in handy it re-enables the disabled things from EA. 

The Mod that made the MCCC mod work is Tmex-AllCheats.ts4script. 

<removed link>

After you download that mod install it directly into your mod folder and launch the game now when you Shift +Click an object the destroy object option will work allowing you to remove objects outside your lot.  Be cautious though as you can destroy objects that you may not want to by accident.  So be sure to have your game saved before deleting any objects.

After the objects are deleted you may delete these mods without any issues occuring in game if you do not wish to use them.  Just make sure you save and exit game before deleting the mods.

I hope this info will be helpful to someone out there who has a similar or same issue.

EDIT (crin): removed links to mods. Please only name, not link as linking is against AHQ TOS.

Message 1 of 11 (21,215 Views)

Re: Objects outside lot that Can't be deleted FIX

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you so much for this post. I've spent hours on the undeletable objects outside my lot.

The cheat "set as head" is so buggy that it generated a giant mailbox on the sidewalk, really weird. I tried so many ways which are not right, but yours worked like a charm.

I just used the MCCC mod, and enable the 2 options. After that, a reboot of the game is needed, then enjoy. Shift-click the item, and destroy.

Message 2 of 11 (20,840 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you! I'm getting tired of broken games. Especially when they wont let me fix it myself without significant time invested in a stupid thing that shouldn't happen.

Finally I got rid of the stupid chair I somehow managed to move outside a home lot in universities. Even though its not supposed to happen.

Message 3 of 11 (20,396 Views)

★ Novice

Haha, this was my exact problem too, giant mailbox, in the middle of the road haha.

Message 4 of 11 (18,847 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank You 100 times over... Nothing was working and I tried everything. From making a master Wizard to try and burn it to a Klepto sim to steal it ,... both failed.... Thank you this is the only thing that worked..

Thank you.. Thank you... Standard smileStandard smileStandard smileStandard smile

Message 5 of 11 (16,982 Views)

★ Novice

Where and how do you enable debug options on an ingame PC?

Message 6 of 11 (15,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TheLegris Did you figure it out?? I am having the same issues and need major help
Message 7 of 11 (14,385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I managed to get it to work. I had to use a computer. I clicked on the computer, saw the mc command center option available on the computer and decided to try it. It worked for me just now. You may have figured it out by now, but those who find this can see what I did and I hope it helps them.

Message 8 of 11 (11,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem with some random mushrooms and floating flowers in the community garden/playground in Henford on Bagley. I followed all of your instructions, turned everything on, downloaded all the mods. It is NOT working, no matter what I try or how many times I do it. I can delete the planter that the plants are in, but the plants will still be there and still cannot be deleted. I tried having a sim eat the mushrooms after the planter was deleted, but it just makes infinite mushrooms. I'm going mad over this because there's these two guys who show up and will constantly try to plant things there and give me "failed to germinate" notifications until I tell them to go away. I can't find any other solution anywhere else on the internet except for forking over $20 for Realm of Magic, which I can't afford right now. Please help.

Message 9 of 11 (6,470 Views)

★ Novice

You're a life saver! Thank you so much

I've been going crazy but I found this thread while looking for advice. Bless you 🙏 

Message 10 of 11 (5,588 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help