Objects interactions and last exception.

by Gaarel

Original Post

Re: Objects interactions and last exception.

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Do you need the brand new one (after the resetting) or the "backup" one?
Message 21 of 41 (755 Views)

Hero
@Gaarel Since it's not working with either, either is fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 41 (730 Views)

Hero
@Gaarel "unfortunately" still don't have issues. I even disabled all packs you don't have and had no luck duplicating.

Guess next step would be a video from you (whenever you have the time, no rush) or just wait for the next patch and see if it gets better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 41 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI'm sending you the video via OD since it's too big to attach it here.

By the way, although it is a video from a couple of months ago, you can actually see what happens every time my sims try to watch TV or take soaks/mud baths despite having updated the game, resetted factory options etc.

Thank you.

Message 24 of 41 (701 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  I'm attaching the last exception from the new user's game to see if there's is something new/different.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 25 of 41 (662 Views)

Hero
@Gaarel It's still the same exception

Did you at one point have the school mod in ? What kind of other mods/cc were you using ?

The folder reset should get rid of everything but who knows.

Did you do a complete reinstall yet ? Clean out all Sims files and reinstall the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 41 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI only use 2 mods. The Mannequin Uncapper (100) from LemonyLin (ModTheSims) and Andrew's Studio (Sims 4 Studio) custom umbrellas (plus Custom Umbrellas Set 1 from Feyona, which are recolors). I have to admit they're pretty old by now but, again, before June's patch all was working correctly and I have experienced the same errors without mods.
Then there are another few things which I'm not sure if they can be properly defined as "mods" but they are:
necrodog's HD feet (version 5 from his tumblr);
LUUMIA's Dr. BODEII (Lean) and BodyHair (version 5 Plus).

Message 27 of 41 (616 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Also, I'm really sorry but I won't reinstall my game. It will take more than one day because of my slow connection and with all the packs I've purchased through the years...and I actually don't want to wait that long.
Message 28 of 41 (615 Views)

Hero
@Gaarel I wish I could repro, that would make it so much easier.

I don't think it's a background program interfering (cause it doesn't make much sense) but you could always try a clean boot to see if that makes a difference.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 41 (576 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Gaarel I'm having trouble reproducing these issues as well. I've taken a look at your video and saves and this issue seems possibly related to outdated mods/CC; mods/CC can corrupt particular save files even after the mods/CC are removed.

I would try to do the "reset" again that Crin mentioned; move your 'The Sims 4' folder in Documents to your Desktop and restart the game. If you're still getting issues on a new game after doing that, I would try a Repair Game (by right-clicking TS4 within Origin).

Good luck! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 41 (529 Views)