Objects interactions and last exception.

by Gaarel

Original Post

Objects interactions and last exception.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for: Outdoor Retreat, Toddler Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Realm of Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't think this is possible to replicate, because some bugs occur differently for each gamer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims (whether using cc/mods or NOT) can't perform the command and come back in a state of "debug" when using TVs/bath soaks and muds/massage table and chair (from Spa Day).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a fix from the official developers soon, because it seems there is no solution since I've been waiting for months and I pay for these games as much as other gamers, who can enjoy their own games without bugs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After June 2019 patch.

I've also submitted this question on my own language's HQ (Italian) but no one has found a solution after 3 months yet.

After June's patch, indeed, I have encountered many interactions problems with sims trying to use TVs (the only working interaction is "watch a movie" from Movie Hangout), bath soaks and muds (regular baths and "take a shower" work), massage table and chair. All the interactions are cancelled and my sims are immediately respawned as in a "reset" status. 

It's not a cc/Mods-related issue because I've already tried clearing the cache and starting a new game without cc/mods and the same bugs occur in the same way. So, please, help. I also would like to purchase Island Living and University (when available), but I know there are many other problems coming with the new packs and I really think it's the new patches' fault and I am scared to further upgrade my game to September's one.

Thank you in advance. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 41 (2,337 Views)

Re: Objects interactions and last exception.

Hero

Did you also rename the entire user folder ?

Could you please attach the last exceptions you're getting ?

You will either need to c/p the content of the file or create a .rar file and upload that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (2,313 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No, I did not rename anything.
I've added the ".rar" file (sorry, it seems the message got longer).
Message 3 of 41 (2,297 Views)

Hero

@Gaarel 

These are all rather old ones. Could you delete them and trigger the error again and see if you get new ones.

Also try this: 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 41 (2,290 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you. I have not the time to follow the factory reset at the moment but I can only try with triggering a new last exception.
Message 5 of 41 (2,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm attaching two last exception files. One with cc/mods activated and the second one without cc/mods. Again, the error occurs either way. 

Tomorrow I'll try with the recommended resetting method. Thanks again.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 41 (2,263 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Gaarel You game is outdated. Your game version is 1.54.120.1020 but the current version is 1.55.105.1220.
Maybe this is a reason. Go and update your game .
Message 7 of 41 (2,252 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Shareliara I know, but I'm afraid (and I'm almost sure) that updating my game will cause even more problems as it actually happened to many other gamers, who after September's patch cannot even use build/buy mode and switch to life mode. I want to solve this issue first because, as I explained above, the errors were born with the patch from June. Disappointed
Message 8 of 41 (2,224 Views)

Hero
@Gaarel They look like all the same error and like something is outdated.

Try the reset and update your game. It's best if you update first and then do the reset.

Users that have the issues you describe probably use outdated mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 41 (2,221 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I've updated the game. Should I try to see if everything is alright before resetting, or should I directly use the resetting method? Thank you.
Message 10 of 41 (2,204 Views)