Re: Object fabricator broken? Not destroyable, leads to endless loop

by LadyFu83

Original Post

Object fabricator broken? Not destroyable, leads to endless loop

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Basegame, all EPs, GPs, SPs ... everything including "Eco Lifestye" expansion pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download a lot with a "fabrication machine", place it onto a lot and try to save it in your library OR try to bulldoze the lot OR at least leave the lot (return to world map) For example: I tried this with the lot grom the gallery: "Waterfront Reno" by simmingmommy. Make sure you'll use the maker lot version because this is the only one with the issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game goes into endless loading circle / crash loop and I have to end it with the Windows task manager. As far as I can read the Last Exception there is a problem with the "object fabricator", so I think it's the fabrication machine. Why? Because I reload the game, placed the lot again and tried to remove/delete the fabrication machine. Impossible! "This object can't be destroyed" and that's it. If I place it again, I am able to remove this new one but not those who were already on the lot. The issue is NO lot specific issue! I had the same problem with a home lot from the gallery (Container home) which also had the fabriction machine on the lot.
What do you expect to see? Save a lot with fabrication machine into my library without "endless loop". Bulldozing a lot with fabrication machine without "endless loop". At least: Make it possible to delete the fabrication machines from the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue is an "Eco Lifestyle" problem because it occurs with a broken(?) fabrication machine (gameplay object)

I tested this with and without Mods/CC - same issue, but only with lots from the gallery. Maybe it's an gallery upload problem?

Message 1 of 9 (1,340 Views)

★ Guide

Oh, I forgot to show my lastException. Here you go plus another one, analyzed by "Better Exceptions" mod by TwistedMexi

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 2 of 9 (1,335 Views)

★ Guide

Ok, I've got an update for you! I noticed all the problematic fabricator machines were filled with little parts (to create something). As soon as I'm in Live mode I can visit the place with a sim and remove those little parts. I switch into buy/build mode and CAN remove the fabricator machine. Still this has to be fixed because of an endless loading circle loop whenever I try to bulldoze the lot.

Message 3 of 9 (1,267 Views)

Hero
@LadyFu83 Thanks for all the details.

This is on my backlog list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,244 Views)

Hero
@LadyFu83 I downloaded that lot, does that already bits in it or do I need to play with it ? Cause I had no issues uploading or bulldozing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,203 Views)

Hero
@LadyFu83 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,158 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe the lot got an update? I contacted the creator about it but didn't check again. But I'm pretty sure it isn't about specific lots but about the fabricator and included part tiles to the object.

Message 7 of 9 (1,107 Views)

★ Guide
@LadyFu83 Thank you so much for posting this, I had the same issue with several lots and thought my game is broken, but this was exactly the issue. Thank you SOOO much, really really appreciate you sharing it!!
Message 8 of 9 (637 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread is older now, so I've locked it to prevent any necro-posting.

If you're still needing help on this topic, you can create a new thread and we'll look into the issue with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 9 of 9 (612 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help