ORIGN CODE ALREADY USED! :(

by jademacleod_

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ORIGN CODE ALREADY USED! :(

★★★★★ Newbie

HI!

I bought the SIms4: Get Together on Ebay; which I was lead to believe was a brand new game however, the when I received it was already opened and the code used.
Is there any way I could get it to work/Get another code without having to contact the seller as they are now ignoring me.

Thanks

Jade

Message 1 of 3 (299 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ORIGN CODE ALREADY USED! :(

★★★ Expert

As Zoe said, there is noting EA can do however, if you used PayPal to pay for the item you can open a dispute there. You can also open a dispute with eBay. Either way will help you get your money back, and doing it via eBay will also let them deal with the seller.

It sounds like the seller knew the game was used and, that the code would not work for the buyer but, sold it anyway.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (290 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @jademacleod_,

Unfortunately no. It's the responsibility of your seller to either provide a replacement code or a refund in this case. If you paid with Paypal you can file a claim against your seller if they are not responding.

Hope they will eventually contact you.

Message 2 of 3 (287 Views)

★★★ Expert

As Zoe said, there is noting EA can do however, if you used PayPal to pay for the item you can open a dispute there. You can also open a dispute with eBay. Either way will help you get your money back, and doing it via eBay will also let them deal with the seller.

It sounds like the seller knew the game was used and, that the code would not work for the buyer but, sold it anyway.

Message 3 of 3 (291 Views)