Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

ORIGIN ISSUE? Origin says game is not its not installed

by GordonBFreeman82

Original Post

ORIGIN ISSUE? Origin says game is not its not installed

★★★ Newbie

I've been having a lot of issues with the sims 4 lately but this one is straight up not letting me play.

it claims the game is not installed even though it is, when i click download it just says its not installed and to install it or retry. rinse and repeat.

anyone know what to do?

Message 1 of 2 (118 Views)

Re: ORIGIN ISSUE? Origin says game is not its not installed

@GordonBFreeman82  Try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

If this doesn't help, please open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and take a screenshot of the options you see.  Please also let me know whether your game is from Origin or Steam.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)
Twitter Stream