Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text

★ Apprentice
Crin can we add question in the first post to ask people to check which language Origin Client is in?
Message 61 of 587 (4,507 Views)

Re: Strange Coding Text with in-game additions via Patches

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie
So does this mean I will lose all my current game play if I delete and reinstall the game. If so not happy at all.
Message 62 of 587 (4,497 Views)

Re: Strange Coding Text with in-game additions via Patches

Hero

No you won't. 

Just backup your user files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 587 (4,490 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin.

I did move that entire folder to my desktop and I hit repair. It seemed like it was repairing, however it was taking a ridiculously long time. I left it on for about an hour and it was only 9% done. And my internet isnt that slow. So I just gave up on that  because I didnt want to keep you waiting for too long.

Here is a link to a screenshot I took of the error after removing just the strings file: http://tinypic.com/r/xbfxg4/8

Message 64 of 587 (4,474 Views)

Hero

Did you move the entire Sims folder or just the one where the langauge file is in (that's what I meant, sorry for not being clearer) ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 587 (4,462 Views)

★ Apprentice
I installed using a DVD version, it's possible the digital Download is compromised somehow
Message 66 of 587 (4,448 Views)

sims 4 pools

★★★★ Novice

My sims 4 pools is playing up when i want my sim to swim in the pool i click on it and it comes up with things like ***DC68HYT8*** which i dont know what it means. i have looked all over the internet but no answer. a youtube called thediamondminecart is having the same problem. but everyone elses seems to be fine??? please help me.

Message 67 of 587 (4,458 Views)

Re: sims 4 pools

Hero

@Hunt2002 Merged your thread. Please refer to the first post. Did you have the same issue it the ghost update ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 587 (4,446 Views)

★★★★ Novice

no the ghost update was fine

Message 69 of 587 (4,447 Views)

Hero

What country are you in ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 587 (4,443 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help