Strangerville dialog windows blank

by TobaccoBubbles

Original Post

Re: Positivity Challenge empty

@Maouss87 merged your post, could you try the suggestions on the first page?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 561 of 1,152 (4,228 Views)

Re: [ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★ Guide
Yeah im having the same issue
Message 562 of 1,152 (3,916 Views)

Hero

Hi @warlune1

have you tried the suggestions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 563 of 1,152 (3,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this problem in Strangeville, ive tried your "Fixes" but they dont work, not even a ReInstall, makes no sense, ive got no mods or anything, its a clean install

Message 564 of 1,152 (3,396 Views)

Hero
What language do you have your game installed in ?

Could you check the following folder: Programs(x86)\Origin\SIMS 4\The Sims 4\GP07 (Path may vary depending on your installation) and check if you have a file called: Strings_XXX_XX.package (X being language and country).

For english it would be: Strings_ENG_US.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 565 of 1,152 (3,386 Views)

Strangerville dialog windows blank

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Strangerville Get famous Toddler pack Season pack To work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? (Refer to pictures attached)
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to interact with anything of Strangerville (objects, sims, goals) the dialog windows and the notifications appear blank
What do you expect to see? What is going on in the game, missions or whatever the game is supposed to be telling me
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Strangeville

1. Product: The Sims 4
    Platform:PC
    Which language are you playing the game in? English
    How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
    What is your current game version number? Latest
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Strangerville Get famous Toddler pack Season pack To work
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
    What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to interact with anything of Strangerville (objects, sims) the dialog windows and the notifications appear blank
    What do you expect to see? What is going on in the game, missions or whatever the game is supposed to be telling me
    Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
    Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
    Please describe the patch or change you made. Strangerville download

I installed strangerville but the words in the windows about strangerville do not show up. That is with anything. Also the content in build/buy mode appear with weird names like..._DEBUG_....

Message 566 of 1,152 (3,369 Views)

Re: Strangerville dialog windows blank

Hero

Hi @TobaccoBubbles 

merged your post.

Could you try the suggestions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 567 of 1,152 (3,362 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks!!!

It was on Spanish because my Origin was in Spanish. I changed both Origin's language and The Sims 4 language (right click> game properties>advance launch options> game language >English US) AND IT'S FIXED ! 💗

Message 568 of 1,152 (3,335 Views)

Hero
Glad to hear. If you want to play in spanish, you can check if it works if you put both back to spanish. That should redownload the necessary files and you shouldn't have the issue in spanish either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 569 of 1,152 (3,332 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Various Text and Translation Errors

★★★ Newbie

when i try to give my sims actions like cooking or bathing etc. most of the actions dont have text so i cant see what im trying to do. this bothers me because if i want to wash my toddles i dont know what to click.

Message 570 of 1,152 (2,228 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help