Sims 4 items showing as a list of numbers & letters

by Emzy27

Original Post

Sims 4 items showing as a list of numbers & letters

★★★ Newbie

Please could someone help me in resolving an issue i keep having......

Ever since i downloaded the sims 4 get to work certain parts of the game are showing as numbers & letters when clicking on the phone option or when getting a job it will just be blank where the new content should be showing....?

Message 351 of 1,152 (6,546 Views)

[GTW] Retail working incorrectly by not showing writing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

When I play my Sims 4 new get to work expansion pack, the retail park does not work properly. (I haven't tried the other jobs yet). It allows me to buy a retail store and decorate it etc, however, the bottom right icon (where I have read you are supposed to see what the store is earning etc?) comes up with blank speech bubbles and random numbers/letters where I assume money should be. It also does this for the part where I have assumed I am transferring the funds from the shop to where you can buy items for it. It also does this if I am to promote an employee.

I have tried to "Reset the game to factory settings without reinstalling" but it hasn't worked unfortunately.

What else can I do? 

Thank you,

Charlotte 

Message 352 of 1,152 (6,515 Views)

Re: Sims 4 items showing as a list of numbers & letters

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Emzy27 @Charlotte13245 

Merged. Please refer to the first post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 353 of 1,152 (6,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@Emzy27 @Charlotte13245 

Merged. Please refer to the first post of this thread

Hello @Emzy27@crinrict ,

Before I received your reply,  I uninstalled my game and reinstalled fully. This has made the glitch vanish, though I know it isn't always the best option!

Thankyou!

Message 354 of 1,152 (6,486 Views)

★★★ Novice
Wish I could actually play but every option relating to the get to work is coming up blank - no text at all!
Is anyone else having this issue??
I can't play the game because I have no idea what they need to do at work or what's happening since there is no writing in the little boxes, there is just blank boxes. Grrr
Message 355 of 1,152 (6,477 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the some problen too... i cannot play the game
Message 356 of 1,152 (6,456 Views)

Re: [ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

Hero

Please use the solution below to solved this issue. It's fairly straight forward. The download should be small and short (just the exe file).

Feedback if this method works is appreciated!

Solutions

• Backup your user files
  • Delete the following file from your hard drive:
    • <game_install_location>\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe (By default on 64 bit Windows this will be located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe)
  • Go to the Origin “My Games” library
    The Sims 4 game tile will change from “Play” to “Download”
  • Start the Download
    Origin may prompt you for what language to install in, if it does make sure to choose the same language you originally installed The Sims 4 in.

Important Notes

• These steps are for PC only.
  • Make sure your Origin client is set to the same language that it was set to when you originally installed The Sims 4.
  • Make sure your Origin client “Downloaded Games” location (set via Advanced panel in Application Settings) is the same as when you originally installed The Sims 4.
  • If these steps fail, it is recommended that you fully uninstall and reinstall The Sims 4 via Origin (see spoiler box below)

Source: EA

Reinstalling the game

Spoiler

Please follow instructions below to make sure you don't loose your save games and that you don't have to redownload everything

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 357 of 1,152 (106,594 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You re theeee best. It definitely works. I now have all my text back and know what im doing. Thanks so much for putting this on. I didn't even bother backing my saved games up and I didn't lose them. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 358 of 1,152 (6,371 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it worked for you Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 359 of 1,152 (6,367 Views)

Re: Strange Coding Text with in-game additions via Patches

★★★ Novice
A little confused,my game and exp are on disc,not downloaded from origin,seems to me since the ' you have to go through origin' to play these issues happen.....with Sims 3 i bypassed origin ,never had an issue ,now it's not worth buying a game ,every game I have bought that requires origin there has been an issue.personnaly getting a little tired of it.
Message 360 of 1,152 (5,094 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help