Re: Problem with Update and holiday pack

by Mielosh

Original Post

[Info Request] Codes instead of text

★ Novice

The careers and objects in the newest update (Holiday) seem to have numbers and letters instead of actual names and it is really annoying... I don't know how to fix it.

Message 181 of 1,152 (693 Views)

Problem with Update and holiday pack. Please Help!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

The update and the holiday pack items and interactions are named like serial codes and ***debug*** 

Please help 

Message 182 of 1,152 (724 Views)

★ Guide

Have you tried repairing the game in Origin?

Message 183 of 1,152 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Yes. It didnt change anything

Message 184 of 1,152 (719 Views)

codes appearing instead of text, multiple instances

★ Novice

This has worsened and rendered some features of the game unplayable, I do not have any mods installed.

Message 185 of 1,152 (698 Views)

Re: codes appearing instead of text, multiple instances

★★★ Newbie

I have this as well and the new update or installation of the christmas holiday pack has made it worse

Message 186 of 1,152 (695 Views)

Re: codes appearing instead of text, multiple instances

★★ Guide

The only way to get rid of the codes is to do a reinstall of the game.

When you uninstall, your saved games will still remain there no matter what.

Message 187 of 1,152 (692 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text

Hero

@citronleonie @Macclachy @emma5341 @emlono @IDRISGR8 @tinynarna 

Merged your threads.

Please refer to the first page for a solution. Would be great if you could answer the questions to, especially the last ones.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 188 of 1,152 (685 Views)

All new updates with new content don't work, as there's unusual coding

★★★★★ Newbie

Since all the big updates and DLC's (Ghosts, swimming pools and Christmas DLC), I am not able to interact with them, as I don't know what I'm doing. It even happens on the CAS when there's new clothes and when there was the new swimming costumes, it just comes up with random code which includes stars Star, letters  and numbers. This has really limited my game experience as I was so excited for swimming pools but I can't use them.

I have researched around the internet but it seems that I am the only person getting this horrendous, game-breaking bug. I bought this for full price and I expect no considerably annoying and large bugs like this. If I need to, I can get a screenshot if you need it but PLEASE fix this when possible.

Regards, 

David Morris, Sim fan

Message 189 of 1,152 (684 Views)

SIMS 4 GAME-BREAKING, UNKNOWN BUG. Please fix EA!

★★★★★ Newbie

Since all the big updates and DLC's (Ghosts, swimming pools and Christmas DLC), I am not able to interact with them, as I don't know what I'm doing. It even happens on the CAS when there's new clothes and when there was the new swimming costumes, it just comes up with random code which includes stars Star, letters  and numbers. This has really limited my game experience as I was so excited for swimming pools but I can't use them.

I have researched around the internet but it seems that I am the only person getting this horrendous, game-breaking bug. I bought this for full price and I expect no considerably annoying and large bugs like this. If I need to, I can get a screenshot if you need it but PLEASE fix this when possible. This is possibly the worst bug I have ever encountered in gaming.

Regards, 

David Morris, Long-time Sim fan

Message 190 of 1,152 (746 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help