by cincike91

Original Post

Re: names for new objects and clothes are broken

Hero

@thomasrees2001 merged your thread. See first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 121 of 1,152 (1,330 Views)

The Sims 4-Pools and swimwear

★★ Novice

I got the recent downloaded the updates, but the pools suck!! Instead of clicking on the pool and getting swin or such, i get a lot of numbers between astrixes. When they go in they don't change to swimwear, but go in in everyday clothes! Not just that when I try 'change outfit' to get them to swimwear, the option doesn't come up! Everyday, Formal, Sleepwear and party do, NO swimwear! Help! How do I fix this??!!

Message 122 of 1,152 (1,320 Views)

Re: The Sims 4-Pools and swimwear

Hero

@fireidar Merged your post. Refer to first page (I would hold off with reinstalling until this week's patch though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 123 of 1,152 (1,311 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Crinrict,

As I promised on the thread on the Sims 4 site, here's an update on the new patch (careers one). I changed my language in Origin to English US from English GB this morning and have now just received the new patch. Unfortunately this did not help as once again all content related to the patch and to the new DLC is in code rather than text. I have not re-installed this time since I've got real life things to get on with but if and when I do I'll once again update on whether this fixes the issue. 

Thanks again for all your hard work! 

Message 124 of 1,152 (1,302 Views)
Highlighted

update

★★ Novice

Today I updated my Sims 4 and when I play the game wrote different kinds of codes istead of the normal name for example the carrier name, job name.
When the game load the another place at the bottom of the screen there are codes again.
What happened woth this game because of the update? I tried the reboot the game, the computer, and repair the game and nothing has changed.

I am waiting for the help.

Thank you,

Message 125 of 1,152 (1,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

• What country are you in ? UK
  • What language is your game in ? English GB
  • What language is your Origin client in ? English GB
  • Are you using mods in your game ? No

Sim Gurus suggested changing language from GB to US, then repair, but didn't help. Only option once again was to make a back up save and reinstall.

Message 126 of 1,152 (1,292 Views)

Re: update

★★★ Novice

Yeah me too. I got this with the pool update but it got a lot worse with this update. Now it's not just the pool-related items but suddenly also ingredients for recipes in the fridge menu.

I uploaded my images here

Message 127 of 1,152 (1,371 Views)

Sims 4 update

★ Novice

Recently sims 4 updated and when I logged on there were codes on objects and replacing words I believe that origin automatically updates my game but am wondering if anything has gone wrong as it is starting to annoy me much appreciation for any help.

Message 128 of 1,152 (1,228 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can confirm that reinstalling does yet again fix this issue. 

Message 129 of 1,152 (1,275 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
  • It is very frustrating that everytime their is an update these codes are shown rather then the actual text, i would of thought actually updating the game would help and get rid of the bug but it continues to show. I am dissapointed that their are not many ways how to fix the bug as it does affect the gameplay a lot and it kinda sucks because i was excited for all these new updates and i can hardly play with them which defeats the whole purpose!

Message 130 of 1,152 (1,242 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help