Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Guide
Crin can we add question in the first post to ask people to check which language Origin Client is in?
Message 61 of 1,152 (7,998 Views)

Re: Strange Coding Text with in-game additions via Patches

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
So does this mean I will lose all my current game play if I delete and reinstall the game. If so not happy at all.
Message 62 of 1,152 (7,985 Views)

Re: Strange Coding Text with in-game additions via Patches

Hero

No you won't. 

Just backup your user files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 1,152 (7,978 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Crin.

I did move that entire folder to my desktop and I hit repair. It seemed like it was repairing, however it was taking a ridiculously long time. I left it on for about an hour and it was only 9% done. And my internet isnt that slow. So I just gave up on that  because I didnt want to keep you waiting for too long.

Here is a link to a screenshot I took of the error after removing just the strings file: http://tinypic.com/r/xbfxg4/8

Message 64 of 1,152 (7,963 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Did you move the entire Sims folder or just the one where the langauge file is in (that's what I meant, sorry for not being clearer) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 1,152 (7,950 Views)

★ Guide
I installed using a DVD version, it's possible the digital Download is compromised somehow
Message 66 of 1,152 (7,935 Views)

sims 4 pools

★★★★★ Novice

My sims 4 pools is playing up when i want my sim to swim in the pool i click on it and it comes up with things like ***DC68HYT8*** which i dont know what it means. i have looked all over the internet but no answer. a youtube called thediamondminecart is having the same problem. but everyone elses seems to be fine??? please help me.

Message 67 of 1,152 (7,946 Views)

Re: sims 4 pools

Hero

@hunt2002 Merged your thread. Please refer to the first post. Did you have the same issue it the ghost update ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 1,152 (7,934 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

no the ghost update was fine

Message 69 of 1,152 (7,935 Views)

Hero

What country are you in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 1,152 (7,931 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help