Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text

by mysticalmaid

Original Post

The Sims 4 - ****numbers&letters******

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've noticed this for about a week now and since the lastest patch update all the words have dispeard and been replaced by numbers at letters. for example *** 259FA984 ***

Has this happened to anyone?

TIA

kparko

Message 41 of 1,152 (8,269 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - ****numbers&letters******

★★ Guide

Here are a few things that you can try:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling the Sims 4 (Your saves will still be there)

• Repairing the Sims 4 via Origin (Right-click the Sims 4 in your game library and click "Repair Game")

• Clear the Sims 4 cache

Message 42 of 1,152 (8,259 Views)

Hero

@kparko Merged your thread. Please refer to first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 1,152 (8,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Hi Crin, thought I would let you know that changing the language settings in my origin and moving the string filets my desktop, then repairing the game did not work for me. It just game up with an error and I couldn't start the Sims 4. After moving the string file back to its place though I could booth up the game. Still having issues with code instead of text. :/

Edit: I would like to know whether deleting and reinstalling my game will remove my save file. If it will then I really don't want to uninstall.
Message 44 of 1,152 (8,248 Views)

Hero

Make a backup of everything: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

This way you won't loose anything.

See, normally that file DOES recreate so I'm stomped why it doesn't for you guys but it seems to be the root cause. The file does not get installed on your computers. It doesn't update and it doesn't get recreated.

Now we only need to find the reaons for that.

Could you try if it recreates if you start Origin as administrator ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 1,152 (8,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Copy your Saves folder just in case, but it should be ok to uninstall. Don't delete it though, use the proper uninstall metgid by right-clicking the game in Origin

Edit: Crin beat me to it!
Message 46 of 1,152 (8,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Thank you both of you for the reinstalling advice. I will try the administrator thing right now Crin and I will post here again with my results.

Edit: Unfortunately that doesn't seem to replace the file either. I have right clicked on my origin desktop icon, went to properties and chose run as administrator and then clicked apply. I repaired the game too but unfortunately I still can't open it.
Message 47 of 1,152 (8,241 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
My Origin Client is in English GB Crinrict. I'll try changing that and see if it adds a new string file.
Message 48 of 1,152 (8,235 Views)

★ Guide
Good News! Changing my Origin Client to EnglishUS and removing the strings file in Data/Client, followed by repair, did add a new strings file. We may have a workaround!
Message 49 of 1,152 (8,233 Views)

Hero

PARTY ..........

Everyone try that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 1,152 (8,227 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help