Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

[ Edited ]
Hero

Problem

My game is either full of codes instead of texts or text bubbles are just empty

Solutions

If you just have them missing on notifications, it's most likely an incompatible mod. Make sure your mods are updated, especially if you use any UI Mods.

Before trying the methods below, try repairing the game. To do so, right click on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

Method 1

• Right click on the game in Origin and choose game properties
  • Change the language to something other than what it's now and let the game repair itself
  • Change the language back to your Original one

Method 2

• Backup your user files
  • Delete the following file from your hard drive:
    • <game_install_location>\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe or just TS4 if you have your extension hidden for known types (see pic below)
      By default on 64 bit Windows this will be located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_64.exe)
  • Go to the Origin “My Games” library
    The Sims 4 game tile will change from “Play” to “Download”
  • Start the Download
    Origin may prompt you for what language to install in, if it does make sure to choose the same language you originally installed The Sims 4 in.

Exe.jpg

Important Notes

• These steps are for PC only.
  • Make sure your Origin client is set to the same language that it was set to when you originally installed The Sims 4.
  • Make sure your Origin client “Downloaded Games” location (set via Advanced panel in Application Settings) is the same as when you originally installed The Sims 4.
  • If these steps fail, it is recommended that you fully uninstall and reinstall The Sims 4 via Origin (see spoiler box below)
  • Remove any mods you are using. This issue can also be caused by mods.

Mac equivalent of TS4.exe

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. There should be two files in there. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. Leave the other file, The Sims 4.par alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

Feedback if this method works is appreciated!!

Source: EA

Language files can be found here and should have the following date (the files can differ in name, depending on your langauge)

• Base Game:   C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\Strings_ENG_US.package., March 26th, 2015, 905 KB
  • Get To Work:  C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Delta\EP01\ Strings_ENG_US.package ., March 20th, 2015 , 147 KB
  • Outdoor Retreat:  C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Delta\GB01\ Strings_ENG_US.package ., March 20th, 2015, 41 KB 

Reinstalling the game

Spoiler

Please follow instructions below to make sure you don't loose your save games and that you don't have to redownload everything

Good Luck and Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Thinking of helping out ? Please check the Helper's Corner for Sims and The Academy

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
PNs werden nicht beantwortet. Probleme gehören ins Forum

Message 10 of 561 (99,855 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

Hero

Please use the solution below to solved this issue. It's fairly straight forward. The download should be small and short (just the exe file).

Feedback if this method works is appreciated!

Solutions

• Backup your user files
  • Delete the following file from your hard drive:
    • <game_install_location>\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe (By default on 64 bit Windows this will be located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe)
  • Go to the Origin “My Games” library
    The Sims 4 game tile will change from “Play” to “Download”
  • Start the Download
    Origin may prompt you for what language to install in, if it does make sure to choose the same language you originally installed The Sims 4 in.

Important Notes

• These steps are for PC only.
  • Make sure your Origin client is set to the same language that it was set to when you originally installed The Sims 4.
  • Make sure your Origin client “Downloaded Games” location (set via Advanced panel in Application Settings) is the same as when you originally installed The Sims 4.
  • If these steps fail, it is recommended that you fully uninstall and reinstall The Sims 4 via Origin (see spoiler box below)

Source: EA

Reinstalling the game

Spoiler

Please follow instructions below to make sure you don't loose your save games and that you don't have to redownload everything

Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Thinking of helping out ? Please check the Helper's Corner for Sims and The Academy

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.

View in thread

Message 357 of 561 (34,144 Views)

All Replies

Pools - not named in my game

★★★★ Novice

Hi Folks

There appears to be a problem with the pools. They're not named in my game, check it out. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=755149377891797&set=p.755149377891797&type=1&theater (link on Facebook, I cannot figure out how the heck I share the image on here any other way)

Cheers

Kath

Message 1 of 561 (99,528 Views)

Menu options bugged?

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I noticed when we first got ghosts that my menu options we're bugged in some way and now it's the same for the pool options.

I have taken out all Mods and cleared cache files in a hope it would solve it but it hasn't.

When I click on the pool for a sim to swim the options I get look like:

*** BE97AC03***

and

*** DC87FEF1***

I get similar for any interactions that involve the pool or people in it and it's the same for ghosts - anything that involves a ghost comes up similar to the above.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this would be much appriciated.

Thanks

Message 2 of 561 (94,476 Views)

Strange Coding Text with in-game additions via Patches

★★ Novice

Hello everyone, I'm here posting on the advice of SimGuruAzure on todays (4/11/14) Ask a Guru- Pools Special. I have a strange text problem whenever there is a patch that includes in-game additions (ghosts, spooky radio station, pools). Any interactions involving these new additions gives me a text such as ***Letters&Numbers*** instead of the intended text like Get In, Listen to Spooky, etc. If I click on the odd text the required action still happens so clicking on ***Letters&Numbers*** my Sim either gets in pool or listens to spooky or whatever the action may be. The problem only seems to be with the text in game. Also some items added in these patches like the turtle stencil appear and are able to be used but instead of their name I get ***debug***

I realize this is by no means game breaking but I have tried everything from repairing game to other suggestions on my thread when the ghost patch was issued such as removing UI.package file and then repairing, etc and nothing has worked except completely uninstalling and reinstalling my game. I have no CC and no Mods whatsoever in this game (or any since Sims 1- vanilla player all the way here). 

I am playing the game on an iMac with Bootcamp and it plays on High settings with no lag since release date. On the Bootcamp side it's Windows 7, SP1 with 4 GB RAM & 64 -bit. The actual in-game performance is flawless.

Lastly here's a link to my thread from the Ghost patch http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/791663/seeing-strange-coding-in-ghost-and-radio-pie-menu/...

Thanks for any help given, I am trying to avoid a complete uninstall/reinstall next time there are in-game additions via a patch. And if there are more computer stats needed just let me know :-)

Message 3 of 561 (99,525 Views)

Re: Strange Coding Text with in-game additions via Patches

Hero

Did it happen again with the pools patch ? I also do not know of another solution other than to reinstall the game.

Crin

Trennlinie

Message 4 of 561 (99,517 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Crinrict- yes this issue happened again with Pools. And once again completely unistalling and reinstalling was the only thing that worked and now all the pools related text looks normal. It's very odd, just trying to put this issue out there so hopefully they'll be able to identify what is causing it and prevent us who are affected have to reinstall every time a new 'additions' patch is released.

PS: I have for many years used your threads for troubleshooting so I want to say Thank You for all your hard work!!

Message 5 of 561 (99,505 Views)

Re: Pools - not named in my game

★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue - Seems like a bug!

When hovering over the pool in build mode the name is nothing but some sort of code and when hovering other indavidual pool's the same.

When In Live mode and clicking the pool the same happens with 2 Codes!!

Message 6 of 561 (99,517 Views)

Hero

Guess I'll be making a blog post about this.

It doesn't seem a mac issue at all since many have had it.

Did you by chance took a pic I could use (I know there are many around the net but I rather ask for permission to use)

Crin

Trennlinie

Message 7 of 561 (99,501 Views)

Re: Pools - not named in my game

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too. I thought perhaps it was related to my edited strings mod, but the issue's still there when I take it out.

Message 8 of 561 (99,508 Views)

Hero

@tinydancer114 Could you please check your PM. Click on the little envelope in the upper right corner.

Crin

Trennlinie

Message 9 of 561 (99,490 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help