Re: OK - I give up!

by roberta591

Original Post

OK - I give up!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

4 - count them 4 gaming computers and none are running The Sims 3. Brand new machine and I only installed The Sims 3 tonight (which I had problems with the install) and then I have to reinstall Origin just to get the launcher to work (again).. Then I launch the game and it wants me to register it - WHAT!!! My wife is starting to show signs of The Sims 3 withdrawal. And believe me - it ain't pretty. Does anyone know what Lenny and Squiggy are doing in the computer room? ANY info would help. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (332 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 2 of 5 (315 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@psychonot23  Thanks for the tip. I got the game installed and all the packs that I own. I can start the launcher and see the packs. The problem is when I go to log in at the launcher after I input my user id and password it says to register the game or cancel. I bought the game in 2009 AND I am a member of EA play pro so why do I have to redeem this game again There is a buy button but when you click that it takes you to a page to buy sim point but no sim points on that page. When I search to buy the game I get an error 404 (page does not exist). All indication points to the game thinks I don't own the base game. Somehow I don't think it's my computer(s) - all three of them. I'm still trying to find a work around.

Message 3 of 5 (299 Views)

@roberta591  What happens if you skip signing into the launcher and just press Play?  I've noticed the store having trouble with sign-ins and remembering what I own lately, although a few page refreshes can usually clear that up.  If you get a specific error, it would be helpful to know what it says.  And of course it's worth testing both the EA App and Origin.

Your dxdiag also lists some Windows update errors, but you probably knew that already.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (281 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@puzzlezaddict   I think because I'm in EA play pro it'll let me play but I'm still getting the weird login on the world pick page. I went and bought it (again) and it still does the same thing. I found where you can download store items. Im going to mess with it a little longer but I got to get up at 4 AM so this is looking like a tomorrow thing.

Message 5 of 5 (270 Views)