[OFFER ENDED] Issues with getting free Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Issues with getting free Sims 4

Hero

@LB963321 wrote:

Im having the issue ' Whoops error message - ref failed checkout code' everytime I try and download sims 4, I have tried in a private window, on the app, on edge and on chrome and get the same message every single time without fail, ive tried adding to the wishlist and tried deleting the cache

Im based in the Uk

Are you getting this exact message: "Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #]" or a different one ?

If it's different, could you maybe post a screenshot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 113 (1,030 Views)

Re: Can't redeem Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

For anyone with the "Buy as a Gift" issue, I was able to circumvent this by adding Sims 4 to my wishlist, then went to the wishlist, clicked on Get It Free, and then it added it to my library. Hope this helps. Standard smile

Message 52 of 113 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Add it to your wish list first, then go to your wishlist and click the game and go to the buy now $0.00 bit. then you will be able to download it.

Message 53 of 113 (996 Views)

Re: it wont let me login

★★★ Newbie

im having the exact problem, its asking for help tool on mine, idk if its because im on MacBook?? 

Message 54 of 113 (990 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In response to my own question, all I had to do was restart my pc and then it fixed itself. I have no clue why this occurred or how to fix it if restarting your PC doesn't work.

Message 55 of 113 (976 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I've downloaded sims 4 but for some reason I still can't play it. It keeps on telling me that I should have origin running but I already have it running in the background? I always click play on the origin app so I don't understand what gives? Please help 😢

Message 56 of 113 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@wzdew wrote:

For anyone with the "Buy as a Gift" issue, I was able to circumvent this by adding Sims 4 to my wishlist, then went to the wishlist, clicked on Get It Free, and then it added it to my library. Hope this helps. Standard smile

This resolved it for me as well, thank you!

Message 57 of 113 (958 Views)

★★★ Newbie
"Add game to wish list and get it from there."
^this solved my problem: cannot redeem free game; purchase as gift only.
Message 58 of 113 (950 Views)

Hero

@samwhereoutthere wrote:

So I've downloaded sims 4 but for some reason I still can't play it. It keeps on telling me that I should have origin running but I already have it running in the background? I always click play on the origin app so I don't understand what gives? Please help 😢

This is usually the case if you have controlled folder access on.

Could you turn it off or add Sims as exception: https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 113 (943 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same issue! Clear cache of Origin or browser does not help solve this problem. Then I used a Chrome Extension called Hola Free VPN to Fake IP to another country (Example: USA) and the problem was solved. I don't have that error anymore. Hope to help you!
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-free-vpn-proxy-unblo/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio...

Message 60 of 113 (1,006 Views)