Re: Can't redeem Sims 4

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: Can't get the free copy of The Sim 4

★★★ Newbie

I have managed to download my copy but it won't run. It gets to the start up screen then crashes saying there's not enough storage but I have checked my laptop and there is storage. Its also activating windows defender for some reason?

Message 41 of 113 (2,193 Views)

Re: Can't get the free copy of The Sim 4

Hero

Hi @LucyOLee 

please create your own thread and post your Computer's DxDiag

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 113 (2,189 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hello, I have the same problem as "DzuiGaming"
I'm using Windows 7, did all the solutions provided but still "Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #]"
I'm also from Vietnam fyi.
Please help. Thanks
Message 43 of 113 (2,174 Views)

Hero

Looks like there might be some issue going on for Vietnam.

Forwarded that to the CM.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 113 (2,166 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

For those of you getting the following error:

"Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #]"

I'd recommend trying to reboot your router, then clear your cache and try again. If that doesn't work:

• If you have the option, try getting the game using another internet connection (for example, your mobile phone not using the same WiFi connection than your computer). You can use origin.com website from a different device and add the game to your Game Library from there. Then go back to your computer and start the download from your Game Library.

• If using another internet connection is not an option for you, try using Google Public DNS or other Public DNS you trust.

If nothing of this works - could you let us know what country you are trying to get the game from and what internet provider you are using?

Cheers,

-Mai

Message 45 of 113 (2,165 Views)

Re: [PLEASE POST HERE] Issues with getting free Sims 4

★★★ Novice

just a question,does cc work on the free sims? because it doesn't work for me Frown

Message 46 of 113 (2,155 Views)

Hero

Hi @marshmeowloww 

there's no difference. It should work.

Please follow these steps to troubleshoot: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/11/mods-custom-content-doesnt-show-up/

If you have further issues, create your own thread for it.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 113 (2,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie
https://www.origin.com/ind/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/offer-selection
This link was given to me from the support team, it fixed the following issue you are facing.
Message 48 of 113 (2,131 Views)

★ Novice

Im having the issue ' Whoops error message - ref failed checkout code' everytime I try and download sims 4, I have tried in a private window, on the app, on edge and on chrome and get the same message every single time without fail, ive tried adding to the wishlist and tried deleting the cache

Im based in the Uk

Message 49 of 113 (2,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I only got the give gift or pay for deluxe options, wouldn't let me select my own profile name to gift to (said "cannot determine" and stayed grayed out). I was able to get it by adding to wish list and then going into my profile and looking at my wish list, that let me bypass the nonsense that went nowhere and just download free.
Message 50 of 113 (2,198 Views)