Re: Numpad time control

by cchong12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Numpad time control

★ Novice

I am having an issue in game with my in game time control concerning the numpad, its not working to control time at all with the numlock on.  You know 0-pause 1-normal 2-fast 3-ultra fast.   If I turn the numlock off the arrow keys will move the camera around but no control of time at all.  I don't see anything in-game on how to fix this or assign keys, and I tried online chat and was told to come here since they don't help with in-game issues.  I also want to say that it was working fine yesterday with the same settings.

Message 1 of 9 (3,537 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

Sometimes when I load up the game, the number keys above the letter rows on my keyboard don't work. I can't say I have tried using the numpad itself, but pressing ESC then ESC again seems to fix the issue for me.

Report back if this works for the numpad issue you're having. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (3,715 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Message 2 of 9 (3,513 Views)

★★ Novice

This is an unusual bug, I'm experiencing it too.

I've found this fixed it:

1. Hit Ctrl+Shift+C to open the console bar.
  2. Type "help" (without quotes.)
  3. Then hit escape.

I don't know if you actually have to type a command in there, might just be opening the cheat bar. But once you've done that, you should find the num keys work to control time again until the next restart.

Weird, but there it is... At least there's a workaround. O.o

Message 3 of 9 (3,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to open the console bar but it dsnt pop up for me. even tried to press CTR+X and even dissabled Origin. Help please!

Message 4 of 9 (3,470 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Worked for me ! Thanks
Message 5 of 9 (3,451 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Sometimes when I load up the game, the number keys above the letter rows on my keyboard don't work. I can't say I have tried using the numpad itself, but pressing ESC then ESC again seems to fix the issue for me.

Report back if this works for the numpad issue you're having. Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (3,716 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Opening the console seems to have worked for now.

Message 7 of 9 (3,354 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The ESC solution actually worked, i was going to try bringing up the console like someone said above, but instead i saw this later comment about hitting ESC twice and decided to test it - it worked, and i'm assuming it worked with bringing up the console aswell because you hit ESC to close it again?

Weirdest thing ever...

But i'm happy to at least have a temporary solution! :womanhappy:

Message 8 of 9 (3,129 Views)

★ Novice

Pressing ESC, then ESC again as is mentioned in the "accepted solution" did not work for me.  However, when this happened, I went into build mode, then back out to live mode and the keypad started working again.

Message 9 of 9 (2,506 Views)