Re: Number keys won't work for speed

by DJMaria

Original Post

Number keys won't work for speed

★ Novice

Everything worked great last night.  Now my number keys won't work to speed up or slow down time.

Message 1 of 11 (2,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue.  I restarted which worked once last night.  But that's not doing the trick today.

Message 2 of 11 (2,115 Views)

Hero

Seems this is a issue many are having. Reloading the game seems to help most. Does that not work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (2,093 Views)

★ Novice

It worked this time.  Hopefully there will be a patch to fix this problem, though.

Message 4 of 11 (2,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have re-started mine multiple times, but it still won't work.

BUT I did just enter mother lode and for some reason that made my number keys work.

Message 5 of 11 (2,075 Views)

Hero

Weird. Maybe it was opening the cheat window what helped.

Thanks for the heads.up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just opened and closed the cheat command line (ctrl+shift+c) and it worked. You don't need to type anything.

Also, don't be discouraged about restarting the game. My husband had the same issue as me, however, restarting the game did resolve it for him. Both solutions are valid.

Also, for those who may have contemplated seeking help, don't use the chat option. It's a colassal waste of time. The person I spoke to lacked reading comprehension and basic literacy. I had spelled out exactly what the problem was and stated that no other problems existed in-game. But they didn't bother  reading it. Not when they could throw sh*t at a wall and see what stuck.

Message 7 of 11 (1,869 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Try pushing ESC and ESC again when in-game, this fixes the issue for me. Standard smile

Message 8 of 11 (1,865 Views)

★ Novice

I just found this out: you probably have NUM-lock off (if you use the numpad). Switching NUMlock on helped me! Otherwise the buttons do random stuff, like things with the walls and such. Good luck!

Message 9 of 11 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me. Thank you

Message 10 of 11 (843 Views)