Nraas mods stop working after adding custom content

by SharketteLaw92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nraas mods stop working after adding custom content

★★ Apprentice

So I decided to downgrade my mods folder from 18gb to 9gb. But whenever I add custom content, all my nraas mods stop working in game. I deleted the custom content, and the nraas mods were still not working. So I copied a saved sims 3 folder back into documents (just the mods folder) and started it up, everything works. But the moment I add something, anything, to the folder, it stops working. More specifically, just the nraas mods stop working.

All this started when I used CC magic to merge some custom content. And no, I didn't merge any mods or sliders. Just basic stuff like skins, hair, clothes etc. What is causing this and how can I fix it?

Message 1 of 3 (627 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nraas mods stop working after adding custom content

@SharketteLaw92  Please test by adding custom content without using CC Magic at all, and let me know whether your mods still work.  And remember to delete the five cache files in the Sims 3 user folder any time you add or remove content from your game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompostiorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (607 Views)

All Replies

@SharketteLaw92  Please test by adding custom content without using CC Magic at all, and let me know whether your mods still work.  And remember to delete the five cache files in the Sims 3 user folder any time you add or remove content from your game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompostiorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (608 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did this, and it still happended. So I took it all out and tested one by one and found the culprit. It was an entire folder that was doing it, and I also found that by installing via the launcher helped as well, now my mods are working properly again 

Message 3 of 3 (587 Views)